Chapter 27

Trayce's POV:

"Great game today man" Howie Kendrick states as he pats me on the back and walks past me. I yell after him, "Thanks you too" before tying up the laces on my shoes and getting up to head out of the team clubhouse.

As I make my way to the parking structure, I run into Joc who rants about his happiness over our victory today and asks, "Why don't you invite Rachel to today's hangout at the house?"

My eyebrows furrow in confusion and I ask, "Who's Rachel?" Joc frowns as well and questions, "Wait that wasn't the name of the odd girl from the gala?"

I laugh and state, "That was Rebecca and it's fine. It's just another party at the house so I'm good with going alone."

Joc pouts at my answer and says, "But you shouldn't have to be there alone." I shrug in response and nearly loose my breath when Joc adds, "Calia's coming right? That should probably cheer you up!"

I can't see Calia right now!

Unsure on how to respond to this I mutter, "Uhmmm...erhmmm...yeah?"

Very convincing Trayce.

Thankfully Joc doesn't notice that something's off and instead chuckles and states, "Alright man well I'll see you at home." I send him an awkward wave before we part ways to go to our cars.

•••••••••••••••••••••

The party is in full swing and I can hear the poorly made pop music loud and clear through the supposedly thick walls of my room.

I got as far as dressing up in some jeans and a comfortable shirt but just couldn't make it out of my room knowing that Calia's possibly somewhere out there.

How am I ever going to face her again?

In a fruitless attempt to shut out the rest of the world, I squeeze my eyes closed and focus on my breathing finding it a last resort pastime.

It's nearly working when I suddenly hear a pounding on my door. Obliviously thinking that it will end soon, I ignore it and do my best to go back into my partially peaceful daze.

The pounding continues and I groan loudly before shouting, "Whhaaaatt?" The knocker in question soon replies, "Trayce! You've gotta come out at some point man!"

I instantly figure out that it's Kiké from the jokester tone of the statement and think of a good response before stating, "I don't know what you're talking about. I'm...sleeping!"

Smooth.

Mentally smacking myself in the face for that lame excuse, Kiké calls me out by saying, "Nice one Trayce, now come join the party or I'm gonna come in there and start throwing bananas at you!"

I scoff at the lame threat but nonetheless walk to the door and open it. A proud Kiké stands on the other side and I smirk while holding out my arm and asking, "Can you see it?"

His eyebrows furrow in confusion and he asks, "Can I see what?" I smile mischievously and reply, "That I'm shaking. That threat has me terrified."

Kiké pushes me with a humorous grin on his face and states, "Very funny buffalo now come join the party!"

I roll my eyes and follow behind Kiké as he walks towards the living room. The closer we get to the area full of people, the more I feel anxious.