I'm Gonna Raise You Like A Phoenix.

Once reaching Law's apartment, you lean against the wall beside the door, lifting your phone to your face so you can check your appearance in the screen before entering, only having the phone light up in your eyes. A message from Shanks appearing, saying 

'Please, let's just talk about everything. I'm laying in bed thinking about no one else other than you. Doesn't that tell you anything?'

Yes, it tells me you're a lying son-of-a-bitch who's currently attending a strip club, not laying in bed, you limp-dick fuck. Nope, I've had it with him now.

Without a seconds hesitation, you screenshot his messages, every single one. Even the ones where he says 'I'll leave my wife for you, I've never loved her.'  And you then tap on the Facebook app, searching for Makino on Marco's friend list. Once you find her, you send her every single screenshot you took, leaving a text of your own saying "I'm sorry, I didn't know he was married before."

Once sent, you turn off your phone, putting it back into your pocket before the realization hits you. You just told his wife.

Not only told, showed her every single text, even the harsh ones about her. But on the other hand, she had a right to know...But was it really your place to tell her? What if this gets back to school? Back to Thatch?

You let out a hopeless groan, slowly sliding your back down the wall, your butt hitting the floor hard as you pull your knees up to your face, stress beginning to get the best of you. Until you hear footsteps stopping beside you. Law?

Looking up, you see a puzzled Marco staring down at you. Shit, I forgot about him!

"What's the matter yoi?" He asks kindly as he crouches down beside you, a worried look in his eyes as he pats your back gently. Sabo must get a lot of his personality from this guy.

Letting a sigh escape your throat, you give a simple shrug of your shoulders, still looking up at the blonde, debating whether or not you should tell him. "Screw it. You might just find out anyway...I guess I'd rather you hear it from me..." You force a small, unconvincing smile before you speak. Honestly, you felt empty of everything; emotions, hope, life. You'd completely given up on yourself at this point. "I was in a relationship with Mr. Shanks. If you could even call something that lasts three days such a word. He made me feel...good, at the time. And he got me drunk at Ben Beckman's house but didn't take an advantage so I suppose you could say I thought he really did love me like he said...But, when he was sort of in the process of taking my virginity, Mr. Thatch came in and cockblocked us. At the time, I was humiliated but now I look back, I'm glad he did because he saved me making one hell of a mistake because the oh-so-perfect Mr. Shanks is actually fucking married. And I just...gave his wife most of the details. Although, in the middle of all of this shit, there's a child...And Mr. Thatch who kept quiet for me and now if this gets back to the school, I'll get him fired. I guess you could say I'm a walking disaster to everyone I care about."

"....You sure speak a lot yoi. I didn't get a chance to process half of that."

"To put it plainly, your red-haired friend is a turd."

"Yeah, I agree with that...So he still went for you, huh? Even after I told him not to..."

You give a small nod of your head before you realize what he said. "Wait? You told him not to?"

Marco takes out his phone and begins typing something while he answers you. "Yeah, I saw him checking you out when you were with Luffy that time yoi. And I told him to leave you be." Marco's eyes shift up from the screen, landing on yours as he rises to his feet. " But the idiot didn't listen. I just let Thatch know Makino has found out about Shanks' infidelity, don't worry, he doesn't know you said anything. Anyway, I told him to claim that he saw nothing between you and Shanks and that you cried to him about the dog Ace ran over yesterday, okay? So he won't get in trouble."

"He'll wonder how you know about Shanks and I..."

"Then I'll say I made you tell me, don't underestimate me yoi. I can be a good liar if I need to be."

Your attention gets stolen by Law, who quietly comes up behind Marco with the bandages, creeping back into the apartment, the sound of the door closing beside the raven-haired male catching Marco's ear. His head swinging around and scanning the empty corridor behind him. Oh shit, I can't tell him Law knows too! He'll kill me!! 

"Who was that?"

"Who's this dog you're talking about?" You retort in hopes that he'll forget about the myserty noise from behind, his eyes slowly trailing back over to you. "I think the bang was the guys, they're playing Outlast."

"Oh, of course. And I mean the dog that broke Ace's headlight. What, did he run over two or somethi--Oh...No way, you've got to be kidding me..."

I fucked up again!

"H-He...ran over...a form of dog, I guess you could say..."

The blonde man instantly drops his face into his palm, though you could have sworn you saw a small smirk tug on his lips in the process. A quiet, muffled chuckle leaving the man's throat, his body beginning to shake vigorously. He's laughing?

"I don't know why I'm surprised yoi, this is Ace we're talking about...So Luffy and Sabo? Do they know?" In response you shook your head, your gaze nervously falling to the floor. "Right...Then in that case, I don't know either." Marco smiles, reaching down and gripping your wrist, pulling you up from the floor. "Don't be so hard on yourself, [f/n]. My brothers adore you, so you can't be all bad." The man chuckles, opening the door for you. "After you, your majesty." Marco jokes, a kind smile on his face.

"Oh no, you just raised my mood like a phoenix rises from the ashes. You're the majestic one here, dude. Heh...I see what your fascination is with them now!"

"Of course, I create them! In both paintings and peoples minds." The blonde chuckles, the sound of Luffy's fanboying reaching your ears and a screaming Sabo as you enter, your eyes landing on tall Corazon first then travelling to Law who was wrapping his fluffy, white puppy's foot with a bandage. That must be Bepo. 

Then finally your sights land on Ace. The freckled cutie looking over his shoulder, his eyes landing on you and then drifting to Marco, his eyebrows rising slightly from surprise. "Marco? When did you get here?"

"A while ago, actually. I was just asking your friend about your accident...poor dog, man..."

"It was a stupid dog..."

"Oh, I'm sure he learnt his lesson yoi."

"Or he's just going to go to a doggy strip club, to get drunk and get run over again..." Law mumbles from the arm chair, the whole room going quiet and shooting the boy a questionable stare.

"Oh, I gotta question! Does a dog strip by shaving his coat?" Luffy calls out curiously, Corazon already pouring himself a whiskey, spilling half of it in his lap in the process, making it look like he had pissed his pants.

"Oh, lemme have one of them yoi!"

The night was fun, even Law came out of his shell a little and messed around with you guys, until he got tired and fell asleep in his arm chair with his adorable puppy. You, Marco, Ace, Sabo and Luffy decided to call it a night by then and all left together, your tired head leaning against Ace's chest while the elevator went down. Your eyes just about springing out of your head when the elevator doors opened and standing there was Shanks with his arm wrapped around some barely-dressed dancer girl. You saw Makino's profile picture when inboxing her and they definitely aren't the same girl.

His stare lands on you and you instantly avert your eyes, pretending that you never saw him. He'll get what's coming to him when his wife sees your message, assuming she hasn't already. Ace guides you into the car park, Sabo following behind, having to give Luffy a piggy back ride since the boy fell asleep on Law's floor and wouldn't wake up.

"Marco," Shanks calls, the tipsy blonde stepping over to him, a small hum leaving his lips. "What's the relationship between those two?"

"Not your business yoi."