The Bet.

You make your way to your first class, Geography with Mr. Donquixote. Taking your seat by Ace. Your pained head resting in your hands as you try to come with a plan about this bet. You could already hear whispers around the classroom about Sanji making out with some girl this morning.

Good, they're chatty today, that'll be a benefit to me for once...

"How did it go yesterday?" Ace plainly asks, gaining your attention a groan escaping your lips as you try to think back to last night, your headache throbbing with each memory.

"I...got drunk and essentially begged him to have sex with me..." You quietly groan in embarrassment, your face burning bright red. "And he rejected me because I was drunk then tucked me into bed as if I was a five-year-old child..." 

Please end my life right now...

Ace's chuckle causing your head to snap at him, your eyes boring into his as he pats your shoulder.

"It's not funny!"

"For real? Why are you so gloomy about that? It shows he respects you!" Ace whispers so the class can't hear, giving your shoulder an enthusiastic shake, drawing a whine from your lips. 

"Please, don't do that. I feel sick." You grumble, your stomach turning with each movement your body made. 

"Jeez, what did you drink? Shots?"

"Beer..."

"Psh. Light-weight."

"I had about thirteen, cut me some slack."

The freckled boy limply looks over to a group of girls and then back to you, a hand propped up against his cheek as his voice drops a little before he spoke again. "People have been saying they saw you get out of Mr. Shanks' car this morning. You should be careful with that, he could get fired for getting involved with students."

This is my opportunity!

"Hm? Really? Because from where I was sitting, it looked like Boa was the one stepping out of his car, not me." You made sure to speak loud and clearly, hoping the girls could hear you. Ace's face being completely plastered with bewilderment as he stared at you.

"Huh?"

You listened closely to the girls gossip, hoping they'd say something about it, instead they said something about Nami and Eustass Kid becoming a couple. Damn it, they didn't hear me. WAIT! WHAT?!

Good Lord, imagine THEM together! Two tempers...they'd surely kill each other!

"[f/n]? What are you saying? He's cheating on you?" Ace growls, his eyes narrowing, the fury resonating within his soul could be seen with the naked eye. He was that fucking livid.

"N-No! W-We have a bet. And I intend to win. Basically, I have to get a rumor spreading that him and Boa are dating without actually starting off the rumor myself. Before one spreads about me and you."

"Eh? Me and you? Don't do that, I thought he was cheating on you for a second there. But...you were just about to start that one off, wasn't you?" This poor boy is beyond confused.

"Hm? Maybe~ ...But what Shanks doesn't know won't hurt him~"

In response Ace just yawns, a hand covering his mouth in the process. Honestly, If he thinks my life is so boring then why ask about it?

"Sorry about that, I didn't sleep too good yesterday." Oh. He quietly rumbles, his hand rubbing his eye. You hadn't noticed before, but now he's mentioned it, his eyes are droopy today and he does have bags forming under them and his skin is slightly more pale than normal.