The Yule Ball

Hi!
Sorry I've been gone i just had terrible writer's block! Here is the next chapter...get ready for the romance to start!
Well this art is from HennaFaunway and I think it's so accurate!

A few blissful days passed as snow continued to fall upon Hogwarts's many turrets and the mood couldn't have been nicer. Student upon student was getting asked out to the ball in wonderfully romantic ways, teachers seemed eager to let them play and Christmas was just around the corner.
Rose was sitting with her gang as usual, discussing animatedly with Alice all about her dress.
"So what are you going to wear?" Rose asked inquisitively.
"Well I've got this yellow dress that I really love, but I don't know if it would match with my heels..." She said as she stared at Albus as he played with his food.
"Oh. I don't know if I should wear heels. I mean I'm a bit tall..."
In that moment Scorpious wheeled around next to her with a scared look.
"No! Don't wear heels Rosie! You're already taller than me!" He said.
Rose giggled and blushed. Oh how he could make her laugh! Alice gave him furtive look before munching down on her toast. Rose continued to eat happily before a whirl of red hair caught her eye. Lily had sat down between her and Scorpious.
"What!" Rose said in surprise.
"Shut up! I need to talk with mister here." She replied coolly.
Rose huffed as James joined Lily in their attempts.
"So...You're going out with Rose, huh?" Lily threatened him.
"Yeah...." He said unsurely.
Rose rolled her eyes and James made a face at her.
"A Malfoy. Huh. A Weasley, eh?" James sneered.
Scorpious glanced at Rose uncertainly before giving him a curt nod. Lily glared at him, as if she was trying to break him under her eyes. Scorpious simply smiled serenely.
"Okay then mister, listen up. You hurt her? You're dead. You cheat on her? You're even more dead. You do anything, anything at all that I don't like? You. Are. Dead! Got that, you punk?"
"Yes miss." Scorpious said with a smirk.
This, seemed to bother James and he suddenly jerked Scorpious upward by the neck of his robes.
"Got that?!" He asked.
"Yes" Scorpious gasped as he released him and strutted off with Lily.
Rose frowned.
"Sorry! That girl has some nerve..." She said angrily.
"It's okay. I don't think that will be the last of the threats." He grinned up at Rose.
She grinned back, she knew that it was only a matter of time before her relatives found out since the news about her and Scorpious had somehow traveled far and wide across the school.

Days later, after enjoyable times, Rose found herself back where it had all started for her, in front of the big, curved mirror in her dorm room. This mirror had been the first mirror in which Rose had looked at herself and smiled, the first mirror where she got ready for the Slug Party. The mirror that somehow had embedded  itself in her heart.  She looked at herself, judging. She had managed to make her normally messy and bushy hair tame, making it fall in soft, bouncy curls at her shoulders. She had also learnt to put some makeup on, making her complexion appear finer. She smoothened the creases on her emerald green dress as she gave a silly twirl. She felt ready to take on the world. She checked that her heels where on properly before heading down to the common room where an array of girls were frantically trying to ready. She waved goodbye to her cousins before swinging the portrait door open and heading to the packed entranced hall. She peeked at the crowd, looking for her friends, before ascending graciously down the stairs, a wide smile plastered on her lips. Midway down the stairs she spotted Scorpious, who had come to wait for her at the foot of the stairs, and her heart gave a great leap. He looked extremely handsome as he stretched out his hand with a wide smile. She had become so distracted by him that she tripped down the stairs, unceremoniously landing in his arms. He grinned, he had been expecting her fall. Rose blushed, why was she so clumsy?
"Close fall my lady!" He chided.
"Mm. Don't rub it in!" She laughed as he set her down and hooked arms with her.
Rose felt completely elated as they walked passed the many staring people and met up with Albus and a very pretty looking Alice. She beamed at Rose. Rose studied her appearance and felt compelled to hug her. She looked absolutely stunning with her hair tied in an elegant knot, her beaming bright yellow dress and her perfectly applied makeup.
"Hullo Rosie!" Albus beamed.
"Hi" she replied as she caught sight of James who had somehow managed to glare at her midway through a kiss with Jane Chang.
"So, shall we do it then?" Scorpious breathed as he signaled at the Great Hall.
"Yup!" Alice said cheerily.
The gang sighed in delight as they marched together into the ornately decorated great hall. It was hard to miss with its roof reflecting the snow outside, the massive ice sculptures lumbering on top of round tables, the icicles hanging from the sides and the snowy Christmas trees in the corners. They found a seat, quickly shoving through the mass of people, in a table at the center. Rose sat down with joy, excitedly looking as the champions made a grand entrance and sat down in a higher table.
"What the-" Rose heard Albus mutter as he flipped in his hands a silver menu.
"Are we supposed to order?" Scorpious asked, confused.
Rose looked down at her own menu and then up at McGonagall who had briskly swiped her wand in front of her plate and ordered "Lamb!". With a gasp, Rose saw how her plate filled to the brim with chopped lamb. Rose swiped her wand and ordered, to Alice's bemusement, and a salad appeared onher plate. She smirked up at Alice.
"Ohhhhh" Albus said as he did the same.

They ate and ate until they taught they would explode before music erupted from an unknown source and McGonagall stood up.
"Welcome! Welcome everyone to the grand Yule Ball! Let the champion's waltz commence." She waved her arms and the tables magically disappeared.
Rose felt a tug at her from below as he chair flew from her and into an arranged line in the corner. Rose grinned madly as she saw the champions waltz graciously at the now made dance floor. She felt goosebumps erupt from her freckly skin as the music played on. The gang stood there, watching before the dance came to a stop and every couple started to pile onto the dance floor, eagerly waiting for a new song to start. Rose felt herself being pulled by Scorpious into the mass and she gave a giddy laugh.
"I don't know how to dance!" She exclaimed.
"Well, me neither so we'll ride this one out together!" He said with a cocky smile as the dance started.
They danced and danced clumsily for what felt like ages, their eyes never breaking eye contact, their touch never vanishing. It was like both of them where in a trance that they couldn't get out of. Rose, in that very moment, decided that she wanted to keep him. Forever.
They glided along for a few more songs before a figure broke them apart.
"May I cut in?" Henry Krum asked politely under his thick Bulgarian accent.
Scorpious frowned, but let Rose go. Rose smiled up at Henry as they started to dance. It wasn't bad, Rose thought, but as she caught sight of Scorpious and Albus slouching on some chairs looking at their stolen partners, she felt a surge of guilt. Nevertheless she danced until she was broken apart, yet again, by James who looked smug.
"So..." He said as he held her waist tightly.
"So." Rose replied coolly.
"You and Malfoy"
"You and Chang"
"Hhmp. Don't play Rosie. Malfoy!"
"Yeah Malfoy!"
"Why?"
"I-"
Rose started, but clamped her mouth shut. How had this all happened? When did she start to like him? James looked at her furtively.
"I don't know" she finished.
"What-What do you think your dad will say?"
"I really don't know... Don't spoil the mood James! I want to enjoy the blumming ball!"
She stormed off and sat, as if by instinct, on Scorpious's lap and puffed.
"What?" He asked.
"James"
"Aw. Come on. Let's go for a walk."
He put down Rose and pulled her along with him. It wasn't long before they had laced fingers and Rose felt familiar butterflies fluttering in her stomach.