The Slug Party

The trio started eating their lunch with glee, still laughing from the events of their double potions class.
"Well come on then" Albus said "open your envelope Rosie! I want to see what's in it"
Rose obeyed and open her envelope to find and find a beautiful decorated invitation:

Miss Weasley
It would be my pleasure if you would attend a party this Friday in in the empty Muggle studies classroom on the seventh floor. Please take notice that this is a formal event and you are required to bring a partner.
The party will start at 7:15.

Rose blushed as she finished reading the invitation, Albus snatched the envelope away from her and read it, he blushed too.
Scorpius filled with curiosity asked :
"What are you two going on about?"
He read it and he too blushed.
"Oh wow" Scorpious said.
"I know!" Albus said.
"It's quite intimidating" Rose said.
"Why would it be intimidating for you? If you already have a partner?" Albus said, pointing at Scorpious.
Scorpion blushed.
"And what makes you think that?"
"Well I mean who else are you going to take because you don't talk to any other girls and Rose don't talk to any other boy at Griffindor!"
"Well what do you think Scorpius? Do you think it will be alright if we went together? I mean Albus's right, I don't really know anybody else"
"Yeah-well-sure that wouldn't be bad"
"There you go!" Albus said, smirking.
"Don't fuzz Albus...who are you going to take? You don't seem to talk to anyone!"
"For your information I talk to everyone and have a whole range a pretty girls to take" he said, looking smug.
"Oh well then prove it! We are at lunch time why don't you ask someone out?"
Albus stood up and walked straight at the Ravenclaw table,where Astrid Scamander was sitting down talking to Louis.
Scorpius and Rose looked at each other, filled with curiosity and looked back at Albus, trying to make out what he was saying:
"Hey Astrid I have a party, you know Slughorn's club thing...Would you like to go with me?"
"Oh of course Albus, you know in fact I was already invited because of my relatives, but I didn't have anybody to go with so thank you! You just saved my day!"
"Well then I'll pick you up at the astronomy tower at seven"
"Yeah that will do!"

Days later Rose was anxiously tugging on her dress, trying to make it wrinkle-free. She was completely ready for the party in her emerald green dress which consisted of a fitted top with sleeves and a flowy skirt. She also wore black flats and diamond earrings. She exhaled and closed the bathroom door and descended to the Griffindor common room where many of her cousins were playing games. They all stopped to look at her, smiling. She flushed in embarrassment.
"Ooh! Who you looking good for?" Asked her cousin Victoire.
Rose flushed even deeper and said:
"No one! I was just to lazy to put two pieces of clothing together!"
Fred snickered and Victoire sighed.
Rose swung the portrait open to find Albus and Scorpious looking dapper, they smiled as they saw her and Scorpious bowed and held out his hand:
"My lady"
Rose giggled and Albus snorted. Rose took Scorp's hand and the trio started to climb towards the Ravenclaw Tower, which was extremely difficult to find.
Eventually they found the entrance to the room, where a big statue of Rowena Ravenclaw loomed. Albus stepped foward:
"To enter you must first answer a riddle" it said as Albus gulped nervously "You will always find me in the past. I can be created in the present, but the future will never taint me. What am I?"
The trio furrowed their brows in concentration, thinking of possible answers. They stood there for a while before Scorpious said:
"It's History, right?"
The statue raised her hand and nodded. They gasped as an entrance revealed itself, they walked inside to find an ornately decorated common room with tapestries varying from many shades of blue. Cushions and chairs where arranged neatly next to what seemed like thousands of bookshelves stacked together. It was a glorious sight.
"Wow" Albus gaped.
"I know!" Astrid said as she came running down the stairs.
She gave Al a kiss on the cheek as well as Scorpious and hugged Rose.
"Astrid! You look so nice!" Rose said as she looked at her flowing navy dress. They soon walked out of the room and climbed up towards the 7th floor, as soon as they got there they heard music floating from the empty classroom which was draped with satin curtains and balloons stood a its side.
They entered together to find a gorgeously decorated room that was surrounded by many windows, people where chatting animatedly, food was being carried by some more unfortunate students (who where apparently serving detention) and Proffesor Slughorn was sitting next to a long table talking to the astrology proffesor Madam Celeste. He saw them come in and waved them towards him.
They went towards him.
"Oh hello! Hello!" He said, seeming a bit tipsy "Ah Miss Astrid!" He shook all of their hands and patted Albus and Astrid on their backs, insisting that they stay to talk. Before he could say anything else Scorp and Rose escaped.
They headed towards some chairs and sat down after grabbing some food.
"Haha! Poor Albus!" Said Rose.
"Yeah-oh Rose..." He said reaching for the floor in front of Rose, where he'd noticed that one of Rose's earring had fallen.
"Oh" Rose said as she noticed what he had found.
He started to lift it up towards her ear. Rose jumped and started to say:
"I can-oh-"
Before Scorpious interrupted her:
"No I can do it"
He continued to lift it up and moved a curl away from Rose's ear and placed it.
Rose felt shivers run up her spine as she made eye contact with him. There was a silence between them.