Christmas at the Burrow

The next few weeks passed in a flurry of excitement, Christmas decorations, spending time in her room by herself and many, many family gatherings but none were as big as the big Potter-Weasley family reunion.
Rose was getting ready to travel by floo powder with her family when she heard a tap by her window, she opened her window to find a black and regal owl. it was Scorpius's . She gave it a few crumbs before snatching the letter away from his claw and reading the letter:
Dear Rose,
I'm sorry that I haven't been able to talk to you for most of the Christmas break but I've been really busy with a bunch of family gatherings and my parents kind of keep me locked up in the manor, but all jokes aside I hope that you're having a very nice holiday and I want to wish you a very Merry Christmas and I hope that we can see each other again soon.

With hugs,
Scorpious

Rose smiled as she tucked the letter in her pocket and went to her living room where all of her family were waiting anxiously.
"What took you so long?" her little brother Hugo whined.
"You shut up! I got a letter from my friend!"
"Which friend you haven't told us who is that friend that sends you letters every once in a while..." Her dad said with suspicion.
"Dad is just a school friend!" She sighed.
"I know, I know! Now come on Rosie step into the fireplace"
Rose stepped onto the fireplace, grabbed some floo powder and threw it on the ground, shouting 'The Burrow'. She found herself being twisted and turned as the living room disappeared in front of her slowly spinning into the Burrow's. She nearly toppled over when she arrived but was stopped when Albus caught her in a hug.
"Rosie! how have you been? I missed you so much!"
"Albus we saw each other literally yesterday!"
They laughed and laughed before they were interrupted by Lilly, Albus's little sister who was equally annoying as Hugo.
"Oh hey Rosie! Can you believe it's only half a year till I'm in Hogwarts?! Where's Hugo?"
Just as Lily said those words Hugo appeared in the fireplace and immediately gave her a hug. Lily cheered.
Albus and Rose sighed happily as they went into the living room where their huge family was waiting for them, crushing Rose with each hug she received. When she finished she almost collapsed but grandma Molly had asked them to degnome the garden and so they did along with their other cousins. Before they had finished Fred came bursting in with a gnome attached to his pants.
"Aghhhh!" he screamed, trying to knock the gnome out of his his pants with great effort.
But the rest of the cousins weren't any use as they were laughing their butts out on the ground. He finally managed to pull it off when uncle George came bursting into the scene and sent the gnome flying away with a simple hex.
They burst out laughing again and before long they were all playing by the garden with uncle George's fireworks and some brooms.

A little while later Grandma Molly came and called them inside, telling them that Christmas dinner was about to begin. They all sat in a huge table which had been set up by the adults in the garden, it was wondrous. Fairies where hanging by the Garden side, serving as twinkle lights, turkey was being pulled out of the oven by grandpa Arthur, uncle Harry and aunt Ginny where singing carols and Hermione was reading the latest book about house elves, but what was definitely the most entertaining scene was Victoire who was next to the door anxiously waiting for Teddy to arrive. Every time someone made a noise she jumped and looked over to see if he was there but as it seemed Teddy was late. Grandma Molly told all of them to stop doing what they were doing and sit down. Victoire reluctantly agreed and sat down next to Rose. The moment she did Teddy came bursting through the door and Victoire jumped in her seat, rushing towards teddy and snogged for what felt like hours the whole family just stood there speechless watching them kiss before grandpa interrupted:
"Well come on then let's start this dinner!"
"No, no! Uncle Percy said "it's important that we first make a toast"
"OK then" said uncle Harry" to the Weasley- Potter gang so we keep growing bigger!"
Everyone cheered and dinner commenced.

An hour later the whole clan found themselves stuffed with food, but ready for grandma Molly's sweaters which were always the great highlight of Christmas.
"OK come on!" she told the whole family as she rushed them into the living room where sealed boxes were piles one on top of the next, it seemed like she had knitted sweaters for everyone and all by herself. Rose couldn't help thinking that she probably had spent the whole summer and spring and anytime possible knitting the sweaters, she felt quite proud of her grandma and also felt quite proud to be a Weasley. She handed out the sweater one by one accompanied by grins, hugs and even some of the family members cried. Finally it was Roses turn, this was going to be her first sweater that she was going to be using in Hogwarts. She excitedly came forward and gave a hug to grandma Molly she gave her an emerald green sweater with and 'R' embellished into it.
"Thank you grandma!" she said as a whole family cheered and waited for Albus's turn who got a blue one. Not long after the whole family had their sweaters and there was a tearful moment between George and grandma:
"You-you made a sweater for Freddie"
"Yes dear I thought maybe you could keep it or I don't know I just-I miss him George and-I"
Uncle George cried as he hugged h her mom tightly and soon the whole family joined in a sad family hug, remembering those who they had lost which were not many but precious. A few minutes passed before James called:
"Well then let's get this party started!"
The family cheered as grandpa pointed at the radio and it started bustling with Christmas songs and carols. The whole family, it seemed was happy. I mean Lily and Hugo were talking about how Hogwarts, James was talking with his dad and mom about school, uncle George and his wife were dancing merrily, Fred and Roxanne were planning their next prank, Lucy and Molly were talking about how they wanted to get good grades, Percy was talking with his wife while little Louis and Dominique tugged at his pants, begging him to talk about the ministry, Victoire and Teddy were snogging endlessly in a couch and Rose and Albus where talking about what they've been. It was a magical moment and there was no doubt and there was nothing like a Christmas at the Burrow.