I had never wondered what it would be like to get shot until now.

"Three..."

If I died right here, right now, I hope there was a heaven.

"Four..."

I wonder if my parents already knew the answer to that question.

"Five!" He finally shouted.

Then, as if in slow motion, Jupiter jumped up and stood in front of the door where the bullets were coming from while Naomi, Pluto and I jumped up onto the stairs. Once our feet touched the bottom steps, Pluto and Naomi began to run up, but I stopped to look back at Jupiter. When I did, I was expecting him to be on the ground covered in bloody bullet holes but instead I got my next shock. Like hail hitting the roof of a house, the bullets were bouncing off him, leaving him with no bodily harm. Then, as if that wasn't enough to swallow, he stuck out both his hands in the shape of two finger guns and right before my eyes the skin peeled away and twisted and cracked until his outstretched fingers turned into the barrels of two handguns. "I hope you know, you made a mistake coming here!" He shouted as he then opened fired. I think, if it hadn't been for Pluto running back down the stairs to tug on my arm, I would've stayed at the bottom of the stairs frozen in awe.

"Abigail come on!" He shouted in my ear and with my head spinning, I turned around on the stairs and ran up them to the top where Naomi was waiting.

"Did you see that?" I asked them as we stumbled into the hall. Naomi was too consumed with terror though to pay attention to me, instead she just tugged me and Pluto down the hall to Gemma's room.

"Gemma! Gemma, where are you? Gemma! We have to go!" Naomi yelled upon us entering the room. For a terrifying second, it seemed like she wasn't there until she slid out from underneath her bed.

"What's going on? Why is there shooting? I can't get my phone to work. I tried...I tried to call the police..." She choked out, her face red from crying.

"No time to explain let's go!" Pluto urged as he grabbed her hands to help her up, but she was trembling so hard it took a couple of tries. I guess Gemma's adrenaline was weaker then mine, because despite my fear I was standing just fine.

"Where's Toby? Is Toby okay? Where is he?'' Gemma asked as she gripped Pluto's shoulders once she was finally on her feet and I felt the color drain from my face.

Toby.

Oh my gosh Toby.

I hadn't even thought to get Toby!

Suddenly, I felt my already prominent adrenaline multiply and my blood rush through my body at an unhealthy rate.

"I don't know where Toby is; I think he's still in the garage." I gasped softly.

"We have to get him! We have to get him now," Gemma said so fast her words rolled together as she rushed towards the door the hall but before she could make it to the hall Pluto and Naomi grabbed her.

"No Gemma! You'll die! We need to hide! Please! Please!" Naomi begged as the sound of glass shattering and wood cracking was heard downstairs amidst the gunfire.

"Not without Toby! We can't leave Toby!" She sobbed as she struggled against them. Gemma was right, we couldn't leave Toby, if we went and escaped right now, he could die if he already wasn't dead.

"We can't go down there Gemma, Naomi's right; you all are going to die if you do! Once I get you girls out, I'll try to go back for Toby." Pluto reassured but I could tell by the tone of his voice that was an empty promise. Pluto didn't have enough time to get all of us out of the house and come back for Toby while Jupiter fought off the two gun wielding maniacs posing as our parents. It would be too late; someone had to go down there now.