Chapter 10

"I can't" Kamaria's voice broke at the flood of emotion she felt. She pulled away further from his embrace, breaking the magic of the moment they'd created. She wrapped her arms around her middle, feeling colder without his embrace.

Ki stood quickly, and grabbed her hand to keep her from running away. He held their intertwined hands between their chests. His eyes pleaded with Kamaria to reconsider, to break off her engagement with Sethos and be with him for the rest of their lives.

Of course she wanted to say yes, nothing in all of Olympus would make her happier then to be Ki's wife. But she is still engaged to Sethos and has been for many years. Her family would be disappointed if she went against them.

"Ki" she placed her hand against his cheek, holding back the tears that threatened to fall "I can't because of Seth"His eyes continued to plead that she reconsider and with every ounce of strength she could find, she forced herself to look away from him. Kamaria dropped her hand and stepped back, every centimeter between them cut like a knife to her heart.

But Ki is quick.

He closed the distance before she could  finish moving and cupped her face between his hands - gently forcing her to look at him. Her breath caught at the absolute resolved that blanketed his face. Whatever he was thinking, he was sure about it.

"Runaway with me" his eyes were frantic as he stared into her eyes, but Kamaria knew this wasn't a joke. Every ounce of her being screamed in protest as she shook her head slowly. She grabbed at his wrists and gazed sadly into his eyes "There is no where for us to go" she looked away, not wanting Ki to see her cry. She could no longer hold back the tears. 

Kamaria jumped when arms wrapped around her waist pulling her back tightly against Ki's chest. She could feel every beat of his heart and the way his muscles moved when he took a breath. In that moment she felt safe from everything. There was no Sethos, no Parents and no Olympus. Only Kamaria and her Ki.

His lips slowly grazed her neck before making their way to her ear. He knew she loved him, he had to try to make her his or he would regret it forever.  

"I love you - I can't live without you" his whisper melting her resolve with every word, if she was going to resist him, she had to get out of his grasp.

Kamaria squirmed in his arms, but Ki would not release her. The feeling she brought him is not something he would ignore. He had to convince her to choose him.

His lips fell to her shoulder. The feeling driving them both crazy.
She could feel the last of her resolve slowly falling away, as he moved his lips up and down her neck. She turned quickly to face him, stroking his cheek with her hand.

She wrapped her arms tightly around his neck and pressed her lips to his.

"Where will we go?"

Ki cupped her cheek and she instinctively leaned into it - letting her eyes close to savor the warmth he brought her.

"We will live among the Mortals on Earth. Get married, have a family. Just You and I" his words like a paintbrush on a canvas, brought life to the vision he had.

They could both clearly see the future he had painted. A wedding with a flowing ivory gown and handsome groom that glowed when he saw his bride. Ki placing a hand her stomach, feeling the product of love that would be growing inside of her. A daughter, with Kamaria's dark hair and Ki's honey colored eyes, smiling as she ran into her daddy's arms. Warm nights under his stars as they sighed happily with the life that they had chose.

Kamaria's heart beat picked up as she stared into Ki's honey eyes. She had never wanted anything as much as that future Ki.

"OK" the word was whispered in a breath but Ki heard her all to clearly. His body shuddered with excitement as Kamaria's blush overtook her cheeks.

It happened so quickly it had left Kamaria breathless.

Ki swept her into a tight hug, picking Kamaria right off the ground. He spun them around, burying his face in her shoulder. She let out a laugh as she held him tightly against her. 

His lips found hers as he set her back down. Never were two Gods so connected. In that moment, they were one mind, one heart, one soul. If not for a need of oxygen, they would have gladly stayed in that kiss forever. Ki rested his forehead against hers - Their chests rose in unison as they caught their breath; their cheeks a similar shade of pink.

"Night will be upon us soon - We should go back to the palace." Ki didn't need to tell Kamaria that night was approaching, she had pushed it off to be with him. She nodded as he brushed her hair behind her ear.

By the time they made it back to the palace gates, the sky was deep purple but a tinge of pink light still clung to the horizon. They had kept their fingers intertwined the entire walk back, only releasing when they had reached the gate.

"Goodnight, My Love" She kissed him softly on the cheek, his hand brushing down her arm, he grabbed her wrist.

"One more walk thru the gardens to the pond to hold me over until first light. Please?" Ki's honey eyes seem to get bigger as he pleaded with her to stay with him.

How could I refuse?   Her smile was the answer he had needed to whisk her away toward the pond.

The Darkness had developed fast, leaving only the stars to guide their way. Ki stared at Kamaria as she admired them in her dark sky. She was beauty and she was his.

The stars reflected on the water, and it was hard to know where the water ended and the sky began. Ki pulled Kamaria into his chest, her arms fitting around the curve of his neck like he was made just for her.

His body was warm against hers as their lips molded together in perfect harmony. The world had gone silent around them, only the beating drum of their hearts echoed through the air.

A hand grabbed tightly at Kamaria's elbow, yanking her back into cold reality away from Ki. Her eyes adjusted to the sudden lanterns flame and she found herself staring directly into a familiar pair of dark eyes.