The Masquerade

"So, what do I wear, Steven?"

 "Um, I'm sure they wear dresses, suits and stuff like that." Steven explained. "Ooh! I like dresses!" I said. "Okay, we have 6 hours until the party. Let's go get our outfits." Steven explained. "Okay, So let's go!" I said, jumping off of the couch. We ran outside and went to the mall. "..We probably should have flown here.." I said, tired. "Yeah, that would've been better." Steven agreed. 

We sat down and caught our breath.

 "Okay..We should start looking for our outfits." Steven said. "Where? I've never been in a mall before." I said. "There should be maps around here." Steven said. I grabbed a map and opened it. There's a lot of stores in here, I don't know how people don't get lost in here. "Okay, The suits are to the right over here. There are 2 dress shops upstairs across from each other. Got it?" Steven explained. What..did he just say.."Um, yes." I lied. Steven went off to his store and I..had no clue what to do. "Okay..Lillith's Dresses..I just have to go on the es..ca..la..tor..What is that?" I said. I walked up to a pair of moving stairs and I saw Sadie. "Luna!" Sadie yelled. "Hey Sadie!" I yelled back. "Hey, this is an es..calator, right?" I asked. "Yeah, first time here?" Sadie asked. "Yeah, I'm here with Steven to get our outfits for the Masquerade." I explained. "Same, I'm going with Lars." Sadie said. "So, I guess I just go up?" I questioned. "Luna, it's okay..I was scared when I was little girl that the escalator would eat me but, I've gotten over that!" Sadie joked. That didn't help with the situation, Sadie! "Okay..Let's go. I guess." I said. I stepped on and went up. Once got off, I realized that it wasn't that bad. "Okay, the dress shop should be over there." Sadie said. 

We walked inside of the first shop and we were greeted by a lovely woman named Lillith. "Oh, this is yours?" I asked. "Yep! Also, these dresses were made with these hands." Lillith said, wiggling her fingers. "Cool!" Sadie said. "Anyways, What'cha guys looking for?" Lillith asked. "Um, I was looking for something black and white." I said. "I was looking for something..Um, I guess something purple." Sadie said. "Okay, The purple dresses are on the left and the black and white dresses are on the right." Lillith explained. "Thanks!" Sadie and I said. While I was looking for a dress, Steven and Lars came inside of the store. "Hey, Luna!" Steven said. "Lars!" Sadie said.

"So, what do think of this one? I really like it." I said, holding up a black and white ruffled dress. 

"I like if you like it, Luna." Steven said. "I'm gonna go try it on." I said. "Do you like it, Lars?" Sadie asked. Lars nodded and Sadie went in the back to try it on with me. After we showed them our dresses we bought the dresses and ate at the food court. "The Masquerade's starting in..two hours. We should head back home." Steven said. "Yeah, We'll see you guys there, Bye!" Sadie said. "Bye!" I said. We went back to the Temple and got changed. "Ready?" Steven asked. "Yep. How much time do we have left?" I asked. "Thirty minutes." Steven said. "Okay, want to fly?" I asked. "I'd be easier, to be honest." Steven said. We flew to..a..I'm not sure where we went. I think it was a ballroom. "Aah! I'm so excited!" I said. "Come one!" Steven said. We walked into the ballroom and..it was BEAUTIFUL!! "Wait, Steven! What about our masks?" I asked. "Oh..Right." Steven thought. "Here, stay still." I said. I created a mask on Steven's face and I made a mask on my face. "Nice. I didn't know you could do this." Steven said, surprised. "Magic is quite weird." I said. We walked into the ballroom and met up with Lars and Sadie. "What's that place?" I asked. "Oh, that's the Cherry Blossom Garden." Lars said. Steven and I walked outside to the Cherry Blossom Garden to go see it. "Steven, this is beautiful.." I said, astounded. "Want to dance?" Steven asked. "S-Sure!" I said, nervously. I've never danced with anyone before. I wrapped my hands around Steven's neck and he wrapped his hands around my waist and I started to smile. 

"Are you sure you want to dance?" Steven asked. 

"Yeah." 

We started to dance around the garden and we walked on a small bridge. "This is beautiful, Steven." I said. "You've said that twice tonight." Steven said. "I know, but it's true!" I yelled. "Thanks for bringing me to this." I thanked. "It's better since you're here." Steven admitted. "Whoa!" I yelled. My clumsy-self fell off of the railing on the bridge and into the water. I laughed. "Want some help?" Steven asked, holding out his hand. "Yeah, that'd be nice." I said sarcastically. We walked back inside of the ballroom when something strange happened. "Steven? Steven!" A girl yelled. "Connie!" Steven yelled. Who's Connie? I'm confused..