Episode 11

In which she breaks down:

Minah's body aches, her head is pounding, her eyes sting with tears. It's been a long day. Everything seemed to be going wrong. It was closing to 7 in the evening and Minah desperately wanted to go home.
Reyna is looming over her, throwing insults one after another.

But Minah can't hear anything. Only the faint buzzing in her ears. She was tired. So tired.

"Minah, what's your dad's number? I need to call him because you look like you're about to cry. OH WAIT! He left! Whoops." Reyna cackled, her goons giggled along side her.

Minah couldn't take this anymore, "HE'S DEAD YOU ASSHOLES."

That shut them up real quick. Reyna was gaping like a fish out of water, her minions were speechless for once.

Minah had tears in her eyes as she angrily shoved everything in her backpack. She turned to Reyna, eyes burning with fury, "He. Is. Dead. He died when I was ten. He was on the fucking phone with me when he DIED."

Minah was breathing heavily. She needed to leave, to walk out of the cafeteria right now. But she also needed to see the guilt on Reyna's face. She craved that pained, weak look in her eyes, "Are you happy now Reyna? Happy that you found my weakness? Are you proud of yourself for weakening me? For reminding me of the loss of the only person I loved?"

"Minah I-"

Minah walked away, not wanting to hear Reyna's response. She walked, borderline ran home, ignoring the weird looks she got.

Minah was proud to admit that she doesn't cry easy, but now. She was full on sobbing.

She barely pressed the right floor number as her body racked with sobs. Minah ran to the apartment. The door was wide open, Yixing was probably cooking and wanted to clear the kitchen of the spice fumes.

Minah ran straight in, ignoring the boys who were all spread out in the living room. She slammed the door shut and locked it, before letting out a loud sob.

"MINAH." She could hear Kris's deep voice yelling for her. His voice quivered with fear. Minah wanted to kick herself, she probably brought back bad memories of Tao.

Minah wasn't like this. She was strong, she kept her chin high. Her philosophy was, no matter how shitty you feel, don't show it. It'll only burden the people around you. But Minah was only human. She had her insecurities, her fears.

Minah cried and cried, she couldn't even think straight anymore. Her mind was becoming the dangerous whirlpool of self-loathing thoughts.

She wasn't good enough.
She could always do better.
She was a burden.
She was annoying.
The boys probably didn't even like her.

Minah screamed, she wanted these thoughts out of her head.

"MINAH." She faintly heard Kris's voice again. Her door flew open, Kris must have kicked it open.

She felt a pair of arms around her. Minah looked up to see Luhan holding her tight, his playful aura now dampened. His eyes were starting to moisten as he stared at Minah.

Great, now she made Luhan cry.

There was a dip in the bed. Minah turned to see Yixing crawling towards her. He wrapped his arms around her, holding her with Luhan, "Minah what's wrong?"