Episode 13

In which she learns the meaning of family:

Minah picked at her rice, her chopsticks loosely dangling from her limp fingers. Her mom shot her a glare but Minah ignored it.

"Mi-"

"I'm not hungry anymore, excuse me."

Minah got up, her food untouched and walked upstairs.

It's been more than a week and Minah was feeling worse than ever. She couldn't even imagine what Kris or Chanyeol felt. She kept hearing Baekhyun's broken voice in her mind, like a tape stuck on replay.

Minah sighed and sat down at her desk. She had a bunch of crumpled up papers surrounding her. She tried to take her mind off of the whole situation by drawing but she always ended up drawing one of the boys.

At first, her mom yelled at her constantly. Minah's head pounded as tears continuously streamed down her face but after the third day she put up a poker face, which irritated her mom even more. She didn't respond to anything her mom said, only speaking when she excused herself from the dinner table.

Minah sighed. She hasn't ate a full meal either. Her appetite seemed to fail her. Minah stood up quickly. She couldn't bare the stuffiness of the house anymore. She grabbed a jacket which was tossed haphazardly in her bed and slipped down a pair of shoes. She walked downstairs and passed her mom who was in the living room.

"Where do you think your going?"

"I'm visiting dad."

That seemed to shut Mrs Yoon up. She nodded her head, as if she was giving permission for Minah to leave the house. Minah scoffed, she would have went anyway. She walked out the front door, slamming it shut behind her as she took a deep breath, taking in the frigid April air. Minah stuffed her hands in her coat pockets as she made her way to the graveyard. The night was still young, but the stars and moon were high. The crickets chirped loudly, the occasional dogs barked louder.

She could see a couple walking out of the park. The guy was incredibly tall while the girl was short. Her heart pained as they passed her laughing. They reminded her of Baekhyun and Chanyeol. The ultimate carefree couple.

Minah turned the corner and nudged open the gate to the graveyard. It was quiet. No one visited the graveyard at night. The lanterns shone dully, the moon lit up the path. Minah smiled softly as she approached the grave. She knelt in front of it, smiled widely, "Hey dad."

The wind picked up, blowing her hair all over the place. Minah pulled up her hood as she sat on her butt, crossing her legs as she stared the grave down. "It's been a while, sorry. I've been so busy at college but the end is coming up soon! Finals is in two months so, that's good I guess....."

Minah closed her eyes, trying to picture her dad's warm smile, "Mom dragged me home. She was mad that I lied to her. But I did it for a good reason! I needed roommates and I'm glad the boys took the offer."

Minah smiled bitterly as she ran her fingers over the grass, "You know, all six of them remind me of you. Kris, he's like an actual dad. He acts just like you, overprotective and caring. He doesn't show it but I know he loves us. Then there's Yixing. Don't tell anyone but he's my favorite. His hugs are exactly like yours. Warm, loving and they feel like I'm being hugged by you."

Minah sniffed, tears gathering in her eyes, "Then there's dumb and dumber." Minah let out a small laugh, "They say the stupidest things, make me do the most reckless things. But Chanyeol's smile is like yours. I like seeing him smile."

Minah sighed, "Then there's Minseok, the silent guardian. He doesn't say much but he's always watching out for me. Like you. I remember when I was trying to learn how to ride a bike. I was crying because you refused to give me tips. But as soon as I started wobbling, you were by my side."