11 - meeting them

Hello,
it's me...
probably the worst author ever who lets down his readers by not updating for months...

You probably even forgot about this story lol

---

"Long time no see, Jack."

He looked like he had seen a ghost. Well, maybe he thought I was dead or that he would never see me again.

When I looked into his grey eyes, I felt a cold shiver running down my spine. There was a storm going on inside of them, a storm of emotions. It was like he was fighting a battle with his inner self, his wolf, Silvius.

Even though getting lost in his eyes and not acknowledging our surroundings, I couldn't get myself hurt and heartbroken again, so I fixed my eyes away from him and fixed my gaze onto the large window which gave him a good view over the clearing behind the pack house.

He moved forward to shake hands and by the look of it he wanted to shake mine first which cause me to mentally roll my eyes, what a gentleman, am I right?

Before he reached my hand, Daniel, being the overprotective Alpha he is, stepped between us causing Jack to frown, but still took the other Alpha's hand. Daniel seemed to have a strong grip since Jack clenched his jaw, hard.

Then he looked at me as if he was unsure if he should shake mine too. I just simply stepped forward with a cold expression, took his hand and shook it despite that I knew that those warm and electrifying spark would make me want to cave in.

Afterwards he gestured with his hand, saying "please have a seat" and sat down in his traditional-looking, dark brown office chair.

We sat down in the two similar looking chairs in front of the desk.
"I am sure you are here to discuss everything regarding training and-"

I couldn't help but getting lost in my thoughts as my eyes wandered around the study. It was surprising that almost nothing has changed. Except that his father had pictures of his family and the pack either hanging on the wall or standing on the shelves.

Jack's study seemed... boring. No pictures of any kind, except the one on the old mahogany desk.

It was turned towards him and I don't know why, but I wanted to know what picture it was. Maybe one of him and his parents or with my brother, his beta. I couldn't just reach forward and turn it around since it's kind of rude, considering that I would invade in his personal space.

"What do you think about it?" Daniel's question interrupted my thoughts.

"Hmm? Sorry, I was lost in my thoughts." I smiled sheepishly, "what were you saying?" Daniel rolled his eyes, but being a bit playful.

"We were discussing the training for the warriors and self defense classes plus a how-to-fight-a-vampire for everyone" Jack stated.

"I think it's a good idea, but we should also double the border patrol and since we're two packs it'll be easier and sort of training for them to work together." They both seemed to agree. Jack's eyes lingered a little longer on me before shifting back to Daniel.

"Before we continue with the tour around the territory, may I speak to Luna Hayley alone first?" Daniel was alarmed and glared at him. "Why?"