2 - jump

(a/n This bridge is called 'Vance Creek Bridge' and is standing in Washington, but let's pretend it's in Alaska)

I was running the past week and I think I arrived Alaska by now. On my way here, I ran into a few rogues. Some were actually quite friendly and gave me food, but the others looked lost and insane.

First, I wasn't expecting the group of friendly rogues being nice to me maybe because of their bad image, but started to trust them somehow, since I felt like they understood where I was coming from, and joined their group, but unfortunately we split up when they started to head in a southern direction. I just didn't wanted to risk to run into some old pack members.

The positive side of running alone as a wolf without any responsibilities was that I had much time to think about everything. Recently, I tried to ask my wolf for her opinion, but sometimes she didn't respond to me nor did I even felt her being there. At first, I thought it was just because we left the pack and because our mate rejected us, but I'm really starting to get worried.

It was also harder and more painful for me to shift into my wolf, so I avoided to shift back to human.

After long time of thinking if I should or should not transform, I shifted back into my human form, putting my big shirt together with shorts out of my bag pack and put them on. I sat down on an old fallen tree trunk, enjoying the silence and the chirping birds.

Sadly, the beautiful moment didn't last long. My chest started to itch, which turned into a feeling like my heart was burning. It felt like someone tried to rip my heart out of my chest with their bare hands.

Screaming and begging it to stop, I fell on the moist forest ground. It felt like a fire which seemed to spread to my throat, like the air was being ripped away from me.

Seconds later, I heard a twig snap and low growls. A big dark grey wolf and a brown one stepped out of their hiding place. The grey wolf looked at me like with confusion and panic since I was screaming like crazy.

I immediately backed away, shoving myself against the tree as the grey wolf who I suppose, the Alpha, took a step forward.

The Alpha shifted right in front of me. He looked down to me and took little steps towards me, holding his hands up in surrender.

"I'm not going to hurt you. I can help you if you let me." It was almost like he was begging for me to trust him and give in. So many times people wanted to 'help' me, but they only made the pain worse, wether was it emotionally or physically pain. I learned it was always easier to not trust someone, because ever time they made me regret it.

When I heard another new growling, I shot up from the ground, ignoring the pain, and started to run.

How smart of me. I mean: me, in human form, running away from now 3 big strong wolves and on top of that, I was still feeling the pain. I even heard my wolf wincing and begging silently to stop.

I spotted a huge bridge and started running towards it.

It looked old, but stabile enough to carry me

It looked old, but stabile enough to carry me. Hearing the wood squeaking under my feet, I ran to the other side. As I reached the middle of it, my left foot slipped through the gap between the wood. I tripped.

I screamed from the pain in my ankle, I'm pretty sure it was twisted.

I saw how 2 wolves running from the other side of the bridge. Turning my head a few times, to take a look of this situation and I realized, I was trapped and with my injured foot I wasn't able to run away anymore.

Me, a young girl, with a twisted ankle and  a unbearable pain in the chest against 5 grown werewolves that are charging at me from both sides.

I knew how this was going to end, I mean a mateless, broken orphan, also a rogue who's being chased by stronger pack wolves. There is this one rule every werewolf knows and has to follow.

"No one enters another packs territory without permission. It doesn't matter what gender, age or rank you are, the Alpha of the pack territory you've entered decides your fate."

With last strength I managed to stand up and walked towards the edge. I heard shouting for me to stop, but I did one thing I never thought I would do.

I jumped off the bridge.