You'll Always Have A Family!

"Danica, sweetie... You are going to have so much fun at our house.. We have lots of toys for you to play with, and a big pool for you to swim in. And lots of other fun things for you to do," Stevie said, in a cute, yet warm voice, trying to make Danica a little bit more comfortable.

"Yeah, we're going to give you so much love, little sweetie pie," Stevie said, as she once again puts her palms on her little girl's cheeks, as she caresses her face with her other hand.

"Danica.." Lindsey said, as he clears his throat before adding, "I don't know if you know this sweetheart, but... We knew your mommy and daddy really well... And you know what?" He said in an excited voice.

"You know my momma and daddy?" Danica questions with wide eyes, gazing up at Lindsey.

"Mm. Very well," Lindsey smiles at the little girl.

"Did you like them?" Danica questions, as Lindsey's and Stevie's hearts are breaking for her.

Lindsey kneels down on his knees, and looks directly into Danica's eyes. "Did we like them? We loved them," Lindsey lightly said, then gives her a warm smile, as he takes Danica, and sits her up on his knee.

"We loved them so much, that we want to take the best care of their little girl," Lindsey smiles widely.

"Me?" Danica asks, as she points to herself.

"Yes, you.. We may not be your mommy and daddy, honey... But, we'll try our best to give you a happy life, okay?" Lindsey exclaims, as he hugs Danica tight, making her emit a little giggle.

"I like you.. What's your name, again?" Danica asked him, as Lindsey wants so badly to say that he's her father— But it's too soon to tell Danica that he and Stevie are her birth parents.

"My name is Lindsey—" Lindsey smiles.

"Lindsey... I like you, Lindsey," Danica giggles, as she smiles at Lindsey.

"I like you too, Danica... Danners Nanners," Lindsey said, as Stevie can't help, but cry tears of joy and happiness, as she is watching the love of her life, bond with their daughter.

"Ha! That's what my daddy called me... I miss him," Danica said, as her smile fades.

"I miss him too, nanners," Lindsey sighs, as he kisses the top of Danica's head, and hugs her tight.

****

Helen had given Stevie and Lindsey some of Danica's things, and gave them the list of stuff that she loves to do most. Just to help make the transition for all, a little smoother.

The ride home was quiet, and a little bit uncomfortable. Stevie would keep looking back at Danica, and asking if she was okay. Stevie and Lindsey looked at each other, and without exchanging a word, Lindsey knew what Stevie was going to ask him, so he nodded and Stevie smiled.

"Danica, are you hungry?" Stevie asks Danica.

"Yes! I'm always hungry!" Danica said, which makes Stevie giggle.

"You and me both, kid," She laughs.

"Is there anywhere that you want to go eat?"

"McDonald's!" Danica answers so fast, that Lindsey is now the one laughing.

"She is your daughter," He joked, as she hits his arm.

"Shut up! My life doesn't revolve around food... Just when I'm pregnant, it does," Stevie giggles.

"You said a bad word, Stevie," Danica said, as Lindsey furrows his eyebrows at Stevie.

"Yeah... Mommy!" He said, as Stevie couldn't help but laugh.