"Who are you calling a thieving hussy?" May shrieked.

"I told you, there's nothing between us," Winry assured.

"That's right," Alphonse nodded. "So don't get upset."

"Can we hurry up and get to the alkahestry?" Edward sighed.

"You guys listen to me!" Yoki screamed.

"Oh, yeah, yeah," Edward rolled his eyes. "It must have been hard on you pops. I know how you feel."

"Don't go brushing me off!" Yoki ordered.

"QUIET!!!" I screamed, tired, frustrated, and cranky at how off-topic we've become. Everyone turned to see me, sitting down criss-crossed, both hands on my knees, and pouting. "Don't we have far more important things to worry about than a sob-story of how a town turned on you because you were a jerk to them and your huge debt and the romantic melodrama?!"

"Eve, are you okay...?" Edward asked.

"Sorry," I pinched the bridge of my nose. "What happened over the last few hours has set me in a serious mood."

"No, no, your bodyguard is right," Dr. Marcoh agreed. "We have bigger things to worry about. Edward, can you fill me in on what happened since our last encounter?"

"I've learned a lot since then," Edward explained. "Starting with how to create a Philosopher's Stone, as well as the history of this country, and that there's something odd about alchemy. That's why, seeking possibilities of Xingese alkahestry, we came looking for this girl."

"Impressive," Dr. Marcoh nodded. "Actually, there us someone who realized this sooner. These are the research notes he left behind. We suspect that there are clues to sorting it out in these pages.

"Then, once we're able to decipher what's written in there..."

"Yes, perhaps. However, we will need Scar's help to do it."

"Why do we need him?"

A huge explosion echoed throughout the building and May jumped, "What was that sound?"

Dr. Marcoh looked out through the window. Not so far away, there was a building where smoke rose out of it. "It came from where Scar is!" He gasped. "Is it the military?"

"Winry, Dr. Marcoh, and you guys, hide here," Edward ordered. "Al, Eve, and I will go see what's going on."

We ran in the direction of the smoke through the snow and up another few flights of stairs until we reached where Scar us. He had one of his arms pinned down by some slime while two hulking creatures overlooked him. One of them was a large, light-green creature with thick lips and the other was was grey, boar-like creature with spikes protruding from his back. "We got here in the nick of time again," Edward sneered.

"The Elric brothers?" One of the creatures spoke.

"That voice..." Alphonse started. "Brother, these are the flunkies Kimblee brought with him from Central."

"What?" I said.

"I see," Edward nodded.

"You just stay there quietly and watch," He spoke. "We're just about to round up Scar--"

Alphonse punched and Edward kicked him, sending him flying in the air. "Strange monsters!" They cried.

"What are you doing?" The creature yelled, holding his swollen cheek. "We're all on the same side!"

"I don't know anything about inhuman allies!" Alphonse punched him again.

"Help us!" Edward cried. "These guys are pretending to be on our side so they can eat us!"