Chapter 27- Prom is Over!

I open the door and see Jack standing there with his phone in his hands.

"Yes? May I help you?" I say as he looks up at me.

"Yea can I come in?" He smiles.

"For what?"

"To talk to you."

"About?" He stares at me for a while before pushing me out of the way and bursting in. "Excuse you."

"Yea whatever." He sits on the bed across from me.

"So?"

"What?" He asks getting comfortable. I roll my eyes and think. I want to ask him why he hasn't been talking to me lately but it won't come out.

"So did you enjoy the prom?" He asks after sitting in silence for a while.

"I guess but I could've been better." I sigh.

"What could've happened to make it better?"

"I don't know." I look down not wanting to talk about Marcus.

"You know there was a time where we told each other everything."

"Oh I didn't know that."

"I know you wish Marcus was with you more tonight."

"Yea."

"Hey Kyla I have a confession." He sits up and turns towards me.

"What?"

"You remember that night when you fainted and everyone said it happened at a friend's house?"

"Yea." I sit up ready to hear the rest of the news.

"I'm back!" Jacob yells bursting through the door. "Woah did I interrupt something?"

"No I'll see you guys later." Jack says getting up.

"You don't want any food?"

"I don't want to ruin your bonding time."

"Trust me you wouldn't be doing that." I say as he finally agrees to stay. Jacob places the food on the table and I can't help but do my happy dance. I get two slices of pizza and four wings.

"This is going to be delicious!" I scream.

"Want me to tell Jaylen to come in here?" Jacob asks sitting in a chair.

"No! I might have to go back for seconds, thirds, and more."

"Fine." I smile and bite into a wing.

"You know for a girl your size, you do eat a lot." Jack says biting into his pizza.

"I can't eat a lot without exercising even more. Kyle makes me exercise like a football player almost everyday. That's why I look so good." I laugh. I can tell Jack wants to say something but he won't. It's bothering me. "What?"

"Nothing." He smiles.

"Ok."

"Yea maybe we should find something on TV to keep our minds off of everything else." Jacob says getting the remote and flipping through the channels. Once we find something we're satisfied with we get comfortable and watch it.

I hear yelling outside of our hotel room and go to see what's going on. I see kids running up and the hallways and parents angry.

"Hezekiah get back down here now!" One woman yells as a little boy and a few other children follow him towards her.

"That goes for you too Eric!" Another woman yells as a little boy frowns and makes his way towards her. I laugh and begin to close the door. Someone stops it and I turn to see Marcus holding the door and smiling.