Chapter 25- Ugh Prom

I look at my calendar and see that prom's tomorrow. I look in my closet at the dress I'm wearing. I don't even want to go. I sigh and get ready for school. I get an apple and head out of the door. I get in the car with Jacob and sigh.

"Tomorrow's prom!" He yells as I get in the car.

"Yay." I say not so happy.

"So you still don't want to go do you?"

"I didn't say that but I really don't want to go."

"Girl it'll be fun plus you've already bought the dress."

"That's the only reason I kind of have to go."

"Be happy. I'll make it fun if Marcus doesn't."

"Thanks I guess." I look out of the window. Ugh maybe I shouldn't go. I guess I should've said that before the dress was purchased. We get to school and go to our classes.

When we get to our theater class I don't even want to go inside.

"So class as you know, the end of the year is nearing closer and closer." The teacher announces. "Which means the plays you all are putting together will be due in a few weeks. So you need to be going over you lines."

I sigh and roll my eyes. My group doesn't even have any idea of what our play will be about. Well I guess we really have to work hard.

I can't even concentrate because all I can think about is prom. Do I even still want to go? I still have the receipt from the dress and I could take it back. Even though my dad wouldn't like that, I don't care. He isn't the one that has to wear the dress.

"Kyla!" Jacob yells snapping his finger in my face.

"What?" I shake my head to clear my thoughts.

"I've been calling your name for the last five years."

"Sorry." I sigh.

"Thinking about prom again?"

"Can't stop."

"You'll be fine and you'll have a great time."

"Yea of course I will." I look down and we brainstorm some ideas on what our play can be about. Still have no idea and we're missing a person. Ugh this is exactly why I hate school.

I go to lunch and throw my tray on the table. I sigh and throw a fry in my mouth. I look over and see Marcus talking to that girl again. She looks over at me and smirks as he whispers something into her ear.

I give and smug face and my eyes water.

"Why doesn't he just ask her to prom?" I say before I walk out.

"Hey babe." Marcus says as I keep walking until I reach the restroom. I stand in the mirror and wipe my eyes. Why am I still dealing with this?

"What happened?" Jaylen comes into the bathroom and holds my shoulders.

"I really need a hug." I say as she pulls me in. "Sometimes I wish my mom was still here and I wasn't."

"Don't say that." She moves the hair out of my face and pulls away. "Look at me." I look down. She grabs my chin. "Look at me. What happened?"

"Marcus and prom and everything else in my life is crap."

"First of all don't let Marcus ruin your day because he's not even worth the tears, no offense." She grabs some tissue and hands it to me. "Don't let him do this to you. Understand?"

"Yea."

"Ok now if I need to whoop somebody I will." I laugh and she smiles. "There you go, that's much better." She grabs my hand and we leave the restroom.