Chapter 26- The After Party

We get out of the car and I stare at the building. Jacob looks back at me.

"Are you ready?" He asks holding out his hand.

"I guess I have to be." I sigh and take his hand. I stop when we get to the door.

"Just breathe." Jacob smiles at me. I nod and we finally go inside. All eyes are on us as everyone moves out of the way to let us through. I hear gasps and whispers as we walk through. I smile and flip my hair.

I see Marcus on the other end of the room getting something to drink. He finally turns around to see me. He mouth drops open as he puts his drink down. He walks toward us and gasps.

"Babe you look I mean I can't even explain how amazing you look." He smiles.

"Thanks and you look good too." I say as Jacob lets go of my hand. A small smile appears on my face when I hear Marcus try to describe how beautiful I look. The smile soon fades away when that girl that always has his attention comes over.

She whispers in his ear and grabs his hand.

"Babe I'll be right back." He say as she practically drags him away. I roll my eyes and look around. Kyle comes over to me.

"Little sis you look great." He hugs me.

"Thanks you look good too." I look away.

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing." I say quickly.

"Are you sure?"

"Yea." I feel my eyes water. "I have to go to the restroom." I say before walking away. I run as fast as I can with these heels on and go to the nearest restroom. I go inside and look in the mirror.

Look at yourself, Kyla. Are you really crying over some guy who obviously doesn't give a damn about you. This is your prom and you can't let someone like him ruin it. Just go out there and shine like the diamond you are.

I breathe and walk out of the restroom. When I'm about to walk back in to enjoy the prom I stop when I see Marcus and that girl having a great time. I guess she is his date. I walk in and look around. I look down and when I look back up I see Jack looking at me.

I try to hold back the smile tempted to appear on my lips. I turn away and smile. I turn back around to see him still looking at me. I feel my face turn red. I laugh a little and look down again.

I look up to see him with a full blown smile on his face. The same smile that makes me weak at the knees all the time. I can't help but smile back. I see him start to walk over and my heart races.

We haven't talked in forever and I don't even know how to talk to him because I can't talk. I feel like a schoolgirl with a crush.

"Hey." He says as he inches closer to me.

"Hi." I say and smile at him.

"You look breathtaking tonight." He looks at me up and down and grabs my hand. "I've never seen anyone so beautiful in my life."

"Thank you." I look down at our intertwined hands. "You look amazing too."

"Thanks but I don't look nearly as amazing as you. No one here does." He pulls my hand up and places at small kiss on it. He smiles at me one long last time before walking away and disappearing into the crowd.

I start to feel lightheaded and take a seat. Did Jack just make me feel this way? No one but him can make me feel this way. I smile as Jacob walks towards me.

"Girl what are you doing sitting down?" He yells angrily.

"I just," I laugh. "I don't know."

"What's funny? Wait are you blushing?" He looks closely at my face.