16. Vampires and School Spirit

Start from the beginning

  Spending my lunch and free hour in the library took care of that! Sure I got a few grumbles out of Zeke, but after reminding him he could use the time to read his new books I didn't hear anymore complaints. Other than a few moments in passing between class I haven't really had a chance to see Stefan and Elena, but it was pleasant when we did. No mention of the supernatural drama, instead made plans to meet up after school to pick up some stuff for tomorrow.

  Zeke is ecstatic about getting all dressed up for the game. Turns out Leo is totally into school spirit, has been volunteering all his free time to help set things up. With those two constantly jabbering about how fun things will be, how could I possibly say no?

  "Are you serious?" Zeke waves a hand in front of my face, forcing me to realize I was once again zoning out.

  "Sorry," I sigh quickly looking around to make sure I am not the center of attention once more.

  Surprisingly we are the only ones left in class. All except Mr. Emmett that is, who is now glaring at me from behind his desk.

  "The bell rang space cadet." Zeke laughs as he stands, throwing his backpack over his shoulder.

  "Right!" I quickly stand, almost tripping over a desk leg in my rush. "Totally knew that. Was just waiting for you!"

  I stick my tongue out at him and bolt towards the door before he can reply.  

  "See ya tomorrow Mr. Emmett!" I call over my shoulder as I flee from the room.

  "Reza!" Leo waves, getting my attention from down the hall.

   I glance over my shoulder to make sure that Zeke is close behind and push my way threw the crowd.

  "I still can't get over that shirt!" I laugh out as soon as I'm within normal talking distance.

  "What?" He laughs and looks down at his shirt, black with crazy colorful designs all over it that looks to be just a bit to small for comfort. "Its Throwback Thursdays! I loved these crazy shirts as a kid."

  "I think I'm about to have a seizure just looking at all those random patterns." I tease.

  "Ignore her, I think its great!" Zeke jumps in.

  "Says the person who dressed up like a boy scout" I laugh.

  "Your just not cool enough to understand our awesomeness!" Zeke puffs out his chest and Leo nods in agreement.

  "Staying late today to finish any last minute decorations?" I change the subject.

  "Naw. It's all set, at least for the rally tomorrow. I will come in Saturday morning to help set up for the dance though!" Leo beams.

  "You are far more committed than I" I laugh.

  "Obviously! You still wouldn't dress up for today!" Leo shakes his head at me in disappointment.

  "You're lucky we are getting her to wear blue and white tomorrow, I wouldn't push it." Zeke shrugs.

  "Well of course she is!" Elena calls as she makes her way to us.

  "Ok guys, lets calm down here!" I put my hands out in front of me as if they are going to get out of control. "I said I would look to see if there was anything in the school store I liked. I didn't promise anything!"

  "Well lets go!" Zeke hooks his arm in mine and leads me in the direction of the cafeteria, and in turn the little store that holds anything and everything that could work to show school pride.