Chapter five: "Monster hunt."

Wendy's (POV)

When we heard the growling, Dipper put himself in front of me. I blushed at his selfless act before the growling got bigger. Dipper was starting to get impatient and called out.

"Who's out there?! Show yourself!" He yelled. He then turned back to me, and frowned.

"I don't know what is out here, but stay close to me." He told me. I nodded at him, and he turned back to the bush.

*ROARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR*

We then heard a large roar, before a giant fish like lizard came out of the bushes. It had webbed feet, a fish like tail, gills, fins on its back, and large fangs. It looked like it was at least twenty-five feet long.

*ROARRRRRRRRRRRRR*

It roared again, and me and Dipper screamed. Dipper turned to me and lips were moving but I didn't hear anything.

"Run Wendy!" He called. But I didn't move, I froze.

"Go!" He pushed me, and I finally came back to reality. The creature roared again and we ran, with the creature not to far behind. I don't know how long it was before we came across the Mystery Shack again. By that time the creature stopped following us. We came in through the gift shop and Dipper closed the door behind us and locked it. I was panting when Dipper turned to me. He had fire in his eyes, I knew I was in trouble.

"Wendy! What were you doing back there? Why didn't you run when I told you to!?" He screamed.

"I... I... I didn't..." I didn't know what to say. All I know is that I was scared. Dipper saw the fear in my eyes, and his angry faded from his face. He sighed and spoke up again.

"I'm sorry I yelled, but I was worried about you back there. I didn't want you to get hurt." He hanged his head. My fear disappeared, and I spoke up again.

"I know Dipper. You were just trying to protect me. And I'm sorry I froze up back there." I put my hand on his shoulder. He looked up at me, and wrapped his arms around me. I did the same until I heard a sniff. I turned my head as far as I could and saw him crying. I was shocked, I hardly ever see him cry.

"Dipper, what's wrong?" I asked him. He spoke up again, but it was almost like a whisper.

"I was afraid of losing you back there, Wendy. I have tons of friends, but... You're my best friend in the whole world. If I ever lost you, I would go crazy. I need you Wendy..." He cried again. When he said all this, I tried my best to hold back my own tears. I rested my head on his shoulder and spoke up again.

"Silly..." I whispered to him. He held me tighter, no one said much around this time. We just stood there in each others arms, holding each other tightly. Like we were holding on to each other for dear life. Because in that moment, it felt like we were. When we finally separated, I look in his eyes, and saw that he really did care about me. And of course I care about him. I reached up to his face and wiped the rest of his tears away.

"Don't cry Dipper, I'm right here." I said to him, in a quiet voice. He sniffed again and nodded. I smiled a gentle smile at him, and he returned it.

"I'm sorry, Wendy." He whispered.

"Don't be, you have nothing to be sorry for. It's going to be alright." I whispered back. He nodded again, and gave me a quick hug. He wiped the rest of his tears away, and I took his hand. He blushed and looked at me shock. I didn't look up at him, I kept my eyes on the floor. He put his index finger under my chin so I would look up at him.

"Wendy, I've been meaning to tell you something." He said to me in a quiet voice.

"Yeah, I have been too." I said back.

"You see Wendy, I..." He was cut off.

"There you guys are! I was worried sick!" Mabel yelled at us. She then got a good look at us, and saw that our faces were pretty close together. Plus I was holding his hand.

"Did I interrupt something here?" She asked. Me and Dipper looked at each other then back at Mabel. I smiled and spoke up.

"Nah, just having a little talk. That's all." I said to her. She nodded and spoke up again to Dipper.

"Well, Grunkle Stan made dinner, so come to the kitchen when you're ready Dip." She smiled, and walked into the other room. Dipper then turned back to me, and spoke up again.

"I guess you better go eat dinner, huh buddy?" I asked him. He smiled and spoke up again.

"I guess I'll tell you the other thing tomorrow then." He said smiling. I nodded and let go of his hand. I missed that feeling of having his hand in mine though. I then went to get my coat.

"I'll see you tomorrow, Dipper." I said smiling.

"Yeah, See you tomorrow, Wendy." He smiled back. I nodded and went out the door to go home for the night. Careful not to bump into the creature again.

Author's note:

Don't forget to vote and comment!