Cammie : 26

Next period I had a free period and so did Danny, I suggested that We could go for lunch. We drove to a small diner just on the outskirts of town. It's really cute and empty. We sit down and Danny hands me a note.
"From Shannon." He smiles.

Hey Babe,
I hope you know who this is from, but if not it's from Shannon. This has taken a few attempts to write so far but I hope that this is the one.

I have had a lot of boy friends and I have also had one other girlfriend but it was nothing serious just an experiment that went nowhere. It only ended because the girl I was with knew 100% that she wasn't gay after the first couple of days. Me on the other hand was different. I wasn't quite sure, but you have made me realise that I think I am definitely gay.

I know we aren't official or have even gotten to know each other properly but it feels like I have known you forever. I love to spend time with Oi Camden Xx thinking of you,
Shannon

I read the note out load and a couple of times over in my head.
"That's sweet." Danny winked.
"Did you just wink at me!" I made a cringe face and he chuckled.

----------------------------------------------

We finished up lunch and headed back to school. I bumped into Ally on my way in.
"Hey, how was your lunch with Danny?" She asked.
"Good, have you seen Shannon?" I asked.
"Yeah she just came out of extra Spanish and is at her locker." I smiled,
"Thanks, see ya later!" I waved her off.

I tiptoed up behind Shannon and kissed her cheek.
"Hey Babe."
"Hi." She sighed and looked away uncomfortably.
"What's wrong?" I asked.
"Erm... d-don't worry yourself." She quickly walked around me and headed for the carpark.

She unlocked the car and got in while I hopped on the passenger side.
"You rode the bus this morning?" I smile.
"This is my moms car, Do you want a ride home?" She asked.
"No, I want you to answer my question." I say confused and a little bit mad.
She put her head on the steering wheel and took a long deep breathe in.
"Please get out my car." She muttered.
"What?!" I say.
"Please... get — out!" She repeats.
"Y-yeah ok!" I turn to leave.
"I just need time Cammie, a little bit more time." She says with tears in her eyes.
"Shan?" I say  me more time.
"Please Cammie, leave."

I walk to McDonald's and order some fries and I drink. The girl behind the till slips a note in with my food and winks at me.
My number, call me xx pretty green eyes.
The note says, I smile and shake my head. I turn back and she is still staring at me. She blows a kiss and I pretend to catch it. I laugh to myself and wait at the bus stop.

----------------------------------------------

I woke up at 1 A.M and couldn't get back to sleep no matter how much I tried. I look at my phone and see that I have a miss call and a message from Shannon.

S - I am sorry about earlier. I was a mess, I think I am gonna fuck up my Spanish exam and I am just not in a good state of mind. (7:30 p.m)
C - Sorry if I wake you but I am always here to talk to, about anything 💙 (2:03 a.m)
5 mins later ...
S - Can you FaceTime ?
C - sure 💜

Shannon FaceTimes me.
S - Hey
C - Hiya, how you doing?