Chapter 28: Staycation In The Shaman's World

Start from the beginning

I kept thinking that he was going to reject me, and I was actually preparing for the worst. That's what ashamed me most. I doubt, losing hope that my mate would never accept me as his. I doubt that he's capable of loving me even if I'm a man, a boy, a guy, a male, and a male werewolf. Dave was straight. He was interested in girls, so was I.

But we're werewolves. We're destined to love our mate, whoever and whatever he or she is. Dave was a human, who had thoughts about this and that. Now that he's a werewolf as well, he's getting to the point of understanding our nature. I'm just glad that Dave is an open-minded person.

Later that night, when the wind is slowly breezing, and I'm on the balcony of the room, I'm staring at the two moons (yes, the Shaman's world has two moons) that shine above the violet hue that is spreading across the sky. A million of stars are scattered across the night, and I wonder what Dave is doing right now.

A knock on the door stops my mind from wandering, and I tell the person to come in. It turns out that it's actually the Queen herself, who's currently wearing her nightgown, which makes everything awkward between us. I wonder if she has a lover, or a boyfriend, or a husband. The Queen motions for me to come forward and so I do even though I don't want.

The Queen talks to me about Dave, as if we're a long lost friend who just got a chance to see each other after a very long time. She tells me how thankful she is about Dave accepting her request even though it's hard. I tell her that I tried to stop him because I was actually scared of letting him go there but knowing them we would just have a fight that might never get resolved.

My thoughts drift to Dave again. What is he doing? Is he fine? Is he still searching for the portals that lead to a different worlds or is he resting? Those are the questions I would never get an answers for tonight and neither tomorrow. I'm stuck here in this world until Dave and Peitho comes back.

After we talk about Dave, the Queen decides to call it a night and heads out of my room with a good night on her lips. I say that to her as well. I lay down on my head, stare at the ceiling for a couple of minutes until I feel the exhaustion greets me with open arms. It covers me like a teddy bear, making my eyes droopy

That morning when I wake up, there are birds sitting on the trail of the balcony. The duvet is draped on top of me messily. The first thought that I have is Dave. I was actually excited to meet him, to make him some breakfast, but after realizing that Dave has gone to the Spirit Realm, my spirits die down and I know from the start that my day has started as gloomy and it will end gloomy as well.

I'm craving to touch him, to see his beautiful smile that makes my heart flutter at such sight. But knowing that I wouldn't be able to pains me deeply and badly.

Still I need to continue this painful day and of course my life if I ever want to see Dave again and boy I really do. It's funny to think how just a one person can cause havoc to your life, to turn your world upside and do and what's going to make you laugh is how impressed you are at it, how obsessed you are at seeing it.

When I get out of my room, servants of the Queen are going back and forth, doing chores and I feel awkward just by staring at them. Back in the pack land, we're doing our own chores without having anyone to require another hand to help us. So I just stand there, watching them with uneasiness.

Once I regain enough sanity for today, I decide to go into the kitchen, if there is any, because a good breakfast would totally help me to maintain my sanity for that I laid for myself just for today. I ask one of the servants if there's any food here and she tells me that a food will be prepared in the dining hall section of the castle, and I ask her where, which she giggles to and point out to the door on the left.

I thank her and get there.

******************************

Author's Note: Hello, readers! Thank you for patiently waiting for the update! So it's my rest day today and I'm going to be on a writing spree, which means more updates for today, which means more happy readers! Unfortunately this is my last rest day for the week. But tomorrow is a new week here. Don't worry I have a good news to bring.

Since tomorrow is a new week; next week is I'm on leave for two days with an additional two rest days, so I will not be working for four days, which means I'm just going to stay in my house for four days, which means another writing spree!

That's going to happen on September 28-October 1.

On October 1, I'm actually going to the Batman Day event here in my country, so if any of you are living in the Philippines and you live near Manila, and you are an avid fan of Batman, we could go meet there.

Lovelots, readers!