Chapter 29

Let's just imagine that Mika next to Aang laughing, shall we?

I hold my hand to my mouth to stop myself from laughing. 

Sokka was currently trying out weapons but failing at it. "Sokka what have you found now?" I laugh as I follow him through the store. "I think I found something!" he exclaims before stopping.

"Oooh!" he cheers like a little kid, making me smile "That's what Sokka's talking about."

He turns around with a large sword in his hands, his eyes looking at every detail. 

"You have a good eye. That's an original from Piandao,  the greatest swordsmaster and sword maker in Fire Nation history. He lives in the big castle up the road from here." the shop owner spoke before leaving us to our thoughts.

"That's it! That's what you needed all along, Sokka." Aang cheers as he, Katara and Toph join us. "A sword?" Sokka asks confused as he holds the weapon carefully. 

"Not the sword, a master. We've all had masters to help us get better. You should see if you can study with Piandao." Aang explains.

"That's a great idea. I could've never gotten to where I am without Master Pakku. Everyone needs a teacher." Katara explains looking at her brother.

"I learned from a man that came to the market everyday, he would set up a picnic with his son and teach us to bend. Toph was a pretty good teacher too" I smile. It's been awhile since I thought about the man who taught me the ways of the Earth. By now, he and his son were probably under the control of the Fire Nation.

"I learned from badgermoles. They don't talk, but they're still good teachers." Toph sighs, almost remembering the memories of her teachers.

"Alright! I'll talk to him" Sokka smiles

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What should we do today?" Aang grumbles as we wait for Sokka's return.

"I'm tapped out. I already picked my toes, twice." Toph grumbles leaning back into the grass. "Twice?" Aang asks leaning up. 

"The first time was for cleaning, but the second time's just for the sweet picking sensation!" Toph exclaims.

I slowly stand up, brushing the grass off of myself before looking back towards the group. "Well I don't know about you guys, but I need to go into town." I speak, causing their conversation to pause at "Oh, everyone's a critic."

"Why do you need to go into town?" Aang asks before falling back into the grass with a THUMP.

"Oh, just to get Sokka a gift, you know romantic gooey stuff" I sigh trying to sound gushy. "Blech! Just go already Sugar Princess" Toph groans. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lies. Yet again I'm lying to my friends and soon enough it will bite me in the butt.

"Yes, can I speak to the man in charge?" I question as my fingers dig into the bottom of the desk. Fear was rippling through me but I had to do this. I was currently in the small soldier house where men kept the order in order.

"Right away Miss" the man spoke before going into a back room. I shouldn't be here, I should be back at camp, complaining with the others and waiting for Sokka to return but now it was too late.  "Hello, you needed to see me?" a man asked coming out of the back room.

"Yes, thank you" I smiled, hoping it would cover my guilt. "Do you think you can help me find where someone is?" 

His eyes widened "Oh yes of course, who is it?"

"Well you see, they're an old friend of mine from when I was in the colonies but he was a trickster you see and well I think he's in a prison in the Fire Nation" I explained.

"Ah, I see, what's his name?" the man asked. "His name is Long Feng, if it helps, I believe he became a person of interest to the beautiful Princess Azula and was the leader of the Dai Li" I explained, my mouth almost burning when I spat her name.

"Yes, I heard that he was kept in the prison closest to the palace along with General Iroh, and a Water Tribe girl that committed treason." the man explained before leaning closer. My eyes widened, but relief spread throughout me, Iroh and Saki were alive.

"So, how'd you get that scar?" he asked looking at my arm, causing me to move it. "My brother likes to play Fire Cowboys" I smiled weakly before getting up.

"You know, maybe we could go out some time, talk about your life in the colonies" the man smirked walking up to me. My eyes turned to slits "Unless you want my brother to yippe ki yay your arm as well, I'd suggest you'd treat me as any other person in this town" I growled before walking off.

As I walked back to camp, my brain flowed with ideas. By now, the current one was finding Long Feng when the invasion happened, yet how could I separate myself from the group, from Sokka and from Aang's destiny. 

This only meant one thing: I had to tell Katara and Sokka of my father along with my plan.