Chapter 30

NOTE: This chapter is VERY emotional and I cried writing it SO YEAH. Taylor Swift music on no skip didn't help either.

As I shopped for a gift for Sokka, I thought more about my plan.

First off, I needed a map of the Fire Nation prison, which would be hard, unless I could see the entire plan with just a single step, which meant I needed Toph or even teach myself to feel the vibrations in the earth or 'seeing with your feet' as Toph puts it.

Secondly, I had to hope that Saki and Iroh weren't somehow killed which meant possibly asking more questions and ruining Team Avatar's cover which meant the end of the world. 

Third, beside finding Iroh and Saki, I needed to see if Long Feng was even in the prison because that guard could've been lying. 

That left one thing.

What would I tell him?

Would I accept him for who he was? No. He killed my parents, the people who loved me and showed me the uttermost affection. Yet he didn't know about me. If he did, would he have been kind and loving? Or would I be the child who would be his little slave?

"Ma'am, you need to pay for that" a man spoke, causing me to break from my thoughts.

I looked down, and in my hands was a large red blanket along with a sleeping bag. I already had various meats in my bag and I knew it was most of the money I was able to get, yet I was okay buying it for him.

After walking out, all of the presents were strung across my back, but instead of going the short way home, I went into the wild.

The thoughts from before traced through my mind yet again.

I should want to end him, or even forget him. Yet whenever I look at myself, I see HIS skin and HIS blood. Yet, I wanted him to hug me, and be a father.

My hands clenched into fists, my nails digging into my hands. Pain shot through my arm which was forever marked.

Tears slowly slipped down my face, one by one. Each drip, each drop falling from my eyes, to my cheeks and then to my chin before falling to the earth I stood on. 

"NO!" I screamed falling to my knees and slamming my fists into the ground, causing it to crack.

And I didn't stop there, I continued to slam my fists into the ground, and with each blow, lead to other crack, resembling each one in my mind and heart. My silent tears turned to sobs as I gave another slam and it reached forward, causing a small and long hole to appear in front of me.

I rose my hands to my face and covered it as I cried. Two sides, the market girl who followed Team Avatar and the girl who was raised by the head of the Dai Li flashed through my mind.

"You know, if you went with Long Feng, you never would've gotten that ugly scar" a voice boomed, causing me to look to my left. There stood Azula, a cruel smirk on her lips. "You and your father would stand at my side because you both would be too powerful for me, we would rule the city together."

"Together?" I questioned looking down at my arm, where the scar was gone.

"But the key word was WOULD you peasant" Azula sneered before making two fire whips and grabbing my arms. I released a scream from deep in my throat. "Instead, your parents died" she growled tightening the reigns.

"Instead your city fell." she snarled. "Now you're just a sad little girl" she cackled.

I look down, tears falling from my eyes as pain shot through me.

"Please!" I begged looking up, my eyes full of tears, but instead of Azula, there stood Katara. "You joined us by force, we didn't ask for you" she snarled before yanking on the whips which were now water. I closed my eyes and released a scream before opening them and seeing Toph who used metal to hold me. "You're weak, that's why you can bend sand and you can barely bend metal, how can you call yourself a bender?" 

I let out another sob and then the person changed to Aang, who's tattoos where glowing as the elements held me tightly. "You left them behind, you left your people to suffer along with your parents" he boomed with many voices. "You did too!" I croaked causing the elements to tighten around me. "I was trapped in ice" he boomed, causing me to shrink in fear.

My mind was glum, there couldn't be anymore.

"You lied to me." a voice spoke as hands squeezed my arms tightly. I looked up, my eyes connecting with the scary expression that was Sokka. "Why should I be with someone that I barely know?" he sneered before dropping my arms and turning away.

"Sokka!" I called reaching my bruised arm out. But he kept walking.

"No! No! Please!' I cried, my sobs choking me. I fell to my back, my eyes shut tightly.

"At least you saved them from Long Feng's wrath" two voices spoke, causing me to open my eyes. There on each side of me laid my parents, their skin pale as the clouds. "Make it stop!" I cried trying to get up but the hands of them kept me down.

"Mika, this is the path you would have ridden if you went with Long Feng, instead you went with Team Avatar" a soothing voice spoke, causing the hands to release me.

There, across from my mini canyon stood Iroh, who was dressed in ratty clothes, probably from prison.

"You may of chosen your destination, but the choices you make will effect the outcome" Azula growled from behind me. When I turned, I saw dark versions of Aang, Sokka, Toph, Katara and my parents. Ahead of me stood all of them but with looks of worry. Even Saki was there with Zuko, who had tea.

I stood in between them, my eyes looking at both groups.

"Make sure your next choices come from your heart, wait for the right time and you will florish" Iroh smiled before taking my hand.

"Make the wrong decision and you will end up like me, a monster" Azula cackled before gripping my hand.

When I opened my eyes, the only thing that remained was the small canyon.