*Mature*

"I ache," Daryl complained as he walked into the bedroom Carol was staying in. The farm had been destroyed and now they just went house to house every day, struggling to stay alive.

"You want a massage?" Carol laughed, partially hoping he'd say yes. She didn't know how else to thank him for looking for Sophia. He leaned on the doorway, looking out into the darkness and realizing that everybody had already shut their doors. No one would know if he came and slept in here with Carol, especially because he almost always woke up first.

He took the doorknob and slowly pushed the door shut behind him. Everybody in the group knew they liked each other, no matter how much Daryl denied it. He had felt for her at first, but that lead to caring and ultimately to lowkey wondering about Carol all the time. She seemed to occupy his almost every thought.

Daryl nervously walked over and got on the bed, lying on his stomach. His face was almost smothered completely by the blankets, but they were too soft to move. When they got into a new house, it was always the same drill.

Rick and his family got the master bedroom, Beth and Hershel got their own, Glenn and Maggie, and the rest got what was left. That usually meant that Carol got the couch, while Daryl and T-Dog feuded over taking watch. It was a huge upgrade for Daryl to get to sleep in the mattress for once, but it was more than that. Even sleeping beside Carol seemed like a major statement that he wasn't positive he was ready to make.

Carol smiled as she started to rub his shoulders. "You don't have to put so much stuff on your shoulders all at once. You shouldn't. You'll wear yourself out, going from not caring about anyone to doing the dirty work."

"Gotta keep myself busy somehow," He muttered into the blankets as she slowly started to pull off his shirt. This was the part that humiliated him most. He never wanted pity, and he knew that Carol saw the scars before, but that was involuntarily. This time, he was giving her the okay to look at the marks. "I always cared. That was my problem."

She opened her mouth and softly sucked in air as she set his shirt beside them. His bare back was dirty and bruised, but she could still make out the scars. They were all over.

Carol was almost about to cry but she didn't want Daryl to hear so she patted his back twice. He twisted his torso to look at her, with that look of concern on her face.

"Don't cry. There's no reason to," He pulled himself up and took her face in his hands. The last thing he wanted was to make her sad. "No, no, why ya cryin', Carol?"

"Be...because you're messing up this poor comforter with your dirty pants," She lied with a sad laugh so she wouldn't have to mention his back. The end of his lip twitched into a half smile.

"Fine, have it your way, woman," He sat up on his knees on the bed and started taking off the baggy jeans he rarely changed. They were stained in Walker blood, people blood, animal blood and any other stain you could imagine. They were thrown to the floor too as he started pulling back the covers.

"What are you doing?" Carol asked kindly, wanting to know whether or not he was simply sitting here to talk or if he was staying with her tonight.

"There's no way I'm sleeping on those dusty, hard floors when you have this huge bed all to yourself," He chuckled and rested his head on her shoulder. "Most Comfortable bed I've ever had," He put his hand out so she could take it.

"Probably me too. Or at least, it's the first one I'm not scared in," Carol admitted, knowing it would make Daryl feel more normal if she reminded him that she went through abuse too.

"You're not scared?" He was a little shocked that she didn't fear him. He was this big tough redneck that grew up around abuse. She didn't think he would become like his father? "Of me?" Daryl adds, knowing that everybody was scared of something at the moment, so he needed to be more specific.

"Why would I be scared of you? You tried to get my daughter back for me, you were there for me after Ed, after Sophia. You saved me from the farm," She stroked his hair back. "You're not a bad guy."

He couldn't resist the temptation to kiss her, even if it was a quick peck. Ever since he heard her scream the night the farm went down, he has been worried he would lose her. She had said it herself that she couldn't lose him.

When she wasn't paying attention, instead she was staring off into space, he leaned over and started to kiss her passionately. They moved to make it more comfortable, and soon she was over him as his large hands and muscular arms supported her weight.

Daryl's hand ran over her back as he opened his eyes for a second. She was smiling, the first time she had been for a while.

"We should stop, 'fore the others hear. 'Specially Carl," Daryl said, trying not to sound disappointed. He was nervous what they may think and how awkward it would be if they figured out. Also, he was nervous about it in general.

"Why don't you do something for you for once?" Carol talked him into it and he nodded. When was the last time he did something for him? He couldn't remember. Besides, he wanted this, and she was offering this, so why should he say no?

They started tearing each other's clothes off like mad animals, although the vest was lightly thrown on the floor. She knew it meant something to him, so she was extra gentle. Her fingertips lightly brushed along the skin on his forearms, before moving down his chest. She never realized just how muscular he was. It was more than she imagined.

His hand slipped around and rubbed her bare thigh as he couldn't help but blush. Usually, he'd stare at her when she looked away. This time, she knew he was looking at her- but it was more than that. She was completely naked.

It hit Daryl what he was doing and how far he was going. "I don't want this to change us," He closed his eyes and pressed his forehead to hers.

"I promise, it won't," She whispered as she guided his head back to hers.

His lips ran across her jawline and down her neck.

---

To be continued?

I thought səx would change in the apocalypse. Like someone would probably have a fetish like "rub this Walker blood all over me, baby".

Trust me I've had this convo with my friends before. 😂

This is dedicated to my support system, @crappefrappe who has always been here and Deaven (he isn't on Wattpad but he sends me lots of motivational youtube caryl vids), Aaron (who always reminds me its sunday because I'm an idiot and zombie the rest of the week), Andrew (Who talks about the comic and Norman Reedus 24/7), Vincent (Who got me to watch this show) and all of YOU guys reading, voting and breathing.

Keep doing that.

(SOMEWHAT SPOILER FOR SEASON 7 BELOW YOU WERE WARNED!)

HERE IT IS>>> watch out for episode 7×10. <<<<

That's all ur getting, love.

Go follow JayonisJayon (is that his name?) On Youtube bcuz he will give u motivation to ship Caryl. 😍