Chapter 49: Is That True?

"Coast is clear." Sakura whispered. Itachi slowly opened the cupboard and jumped down. "Now, why don't you just talk to him?" Sakura asked as she boiled a pot of water. "He creeps me out." Itachi monotonously said, making Sakura look at him in a weird way. "I'll come with you. I want you to talk to him later after supper." Sakura said. She looked at Itachi only to see him slightly pale. "It's funny how the great Itachi Uchiha gets scared of the knuckle head ninja named Naruto Uzumaki." Sakura said, laughing.

Supper came. Itachi sat beside Sakura, just to be safe from Naruto, who is sitting in front of Itachi. Naruto stared at Itachi intensely. "Alright. What's up with you and Itachi?" Sasori asked, setting down his chopped sticks. "Yeah, un. You've been chasing him and it's been creeping me out, un." Deidara followed.

"Don't tell me you're f**king gay for the s**ty Uchiha?" Hidan stated, making Itachi glare at him. "Shut it, Hidan." Kakuzu said. "F**k you, ragdoll." Hidan said. "I've always wanted a taste of Naruto's meat. Me too." Zetsu said.

"Is that true, Naruto? What about the Hyuuga?" Konan asked. "You're a disappointment." Pein said, shaking his head of disapproval. "I won't forgive you if you hurt Hinata-chan, Naruto." Sakura said, glaring at Naruto. "Tobi would never do that to the girl Tobi loves." Tobi followed. "I'm not in love, dattebayo! Well, I am in love but not with HIM!" Naruto shouted, pointing at Itachi with a red face. Probably from embarrassment.

"What is it then? Wanna befriend Itachi?" Kisame asked, grinning. "Well, let's just think of it that way." Naruto said, sitting back as he calmed down. He looked down on his plate in a somewhat ashamed act.

With that, Everyone looked at Itachi, waiting for a response. Itachi simply ignored them and continued eating. "Numb bast**d." Hidan murmured.

A few minutes of silence later, Itachi finished eating and went for his room. Sakura and Kisame followed not a minute later. "It's your turn to wash, Tobi." Sakura happily said as they walked away. "Tobi is a good boy!" Tobi shouted happily.

An hour later, Sakura went for Itachi's room to take him to Naruto. Sakura knocked thrice. "If it's Hidan turn around and walk away. If it's Naruto, I'm not here. If it's someone else, come in." Itachi monotonously said from his room, making Sakura hold her laugh as she turned the knob. "That's some nice response." Sakura said, grinning as she saw Itachi lying on his bed.

"Are you ready to talk to Naruto, Itachi?" Sakura asked, making Itachi suddenly sit up with his eyes wide open. "Scared? Don't be, come on." Sakura said pulling Itachi towards Naruto's room. Sakura knocked for Itachi and heard a come in.

Sakura had to use chakra just to pull Itachi inside Naruto's room. "Itachi! Sakura-chan!" Naruto shouted, grinning. "Now will you already tell Itachi what you want to ask him?" Sakura asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Well, yeah..." Naruto trailed off, turning into his serious mode. "Will you...is it alright if...--!!" Naruto was cut off when they heard a part of the base collapse. "Come on." Itachi monotonously said as the trio ran towards the source.

"F**k!!" Hidan shouted as an ANBU beheaded him, throwing his head towards Sakura's way. Sakura was nice enough to catch it, but she caught it by its hair. "Yo." Hidan said as his body did it's magic and sliced the ANBU in half with his scythe. Itachi caught a kunai flying towards their way.

"Do you know how much this will cost?!" Kakuzu shouted angrily as he stabbed an ANBU right through the heart. "Hey, Kyuubi. Is it really alright if we kill your former comrades?" Sasori monotonously asked. "Those aren't my comrades. Those are healthy-looking corpses made by Kabuto." Naruto coldly said, clenching his fists.

"Where are Konan, Pein-sama and Tobi?" Zetsu asked, munching down an arm with a disgusted face. "Doesn't even taste near good." He commented on the meat. "Somewhere out there, un." Deidara answered.

"Kabuto probably sent them to kill you, knowing that you revealed everything to us." Kakuzu told Naruto, stabbing an ANBU with his tendrils. "WATCH OUT!" Deidara and Kisame shouted. An ANBU came running towards Itachi who is now holding off 5 enemies. Itachi tried turning to crows but one ANBU managed to tie his arm with a chakra rope.

The ANBU made handsigns. Itachi's eyes widened when he saw a pair of water Twin Dragons coming his way. 'Not enough time!' Itachi thought, hitting an ANBU's pressure point. The dragons were only a few centimeters away before he saw a back bravely shield him from the jutsu.

To Be Continued...