Chapter 48: Wild Goose Chase

"S-sakura-chan, I know he's immortal b-but I think he's dead, dattebayo." Naruto nervously said sweat dropping. Sakura panted as she tried to calm herself. She turned back to Naruto with a scarily cheerful smile on her face. "You said you were hungry?" Sakura asked as she lead Naruto out of her room, into the kitchen. A few seconds later, a scream of terror was heard. "MY ROOM!"

In the kitchen, they found Itachi happily eating dango on a stick. 'What if he really did steal a bunch of luxurious dango back then?' Naruto thought staring intensely at Itachi.

Itachi closed his eyes uncomfortably as he tried to enjoy his dango with Naruto's intense stare. "Naruto." Sakura called out. "Don't make Itachi uncomfortable. Specially if he's eating his favorite food." She said, placing a bowl of ramen in front Naruto. "Yeah but." Naruto was trailed off as he stared at his ramen. Itachi and Sakura looked at him with questioning eyes. "Yeah, never mind, dattebayo." He said, grinning as he ate his ramen happily.

A few hours after Naruto walked down the hallway and bumped onto Itachi again. "Itachi, dattebayo!" Naruto shouted as he ran towards Itachi at fullspeed. He was about to grab Itachi but Itachi took him down by twisting his arm and grasping his nape. "Hn." Itachi said as he let go of Naruto and ran away.

________________

Itachi was taking a nice hot bath. He walked out of bathroom fully clothed. He stopped midstep when he saw Naruto eagerly waiting for him. 'He's creepy.' Itachi thought as he ran for it. He barged into Kisame's newly rebuilt room. "What's wrong?" Kisame asked as he suddenly sat up on his bed.

"Naruto is creepy." Itachi bluntly said just as knocks bombarded Kisame's door. "Fishy! Is Itachi there, dattebayo?!" Naruto shouted behind the door. "Who the hell are you calling figshy, shrimp?! And no! Go away! I'm busy!" Kisame shouted with a nerve popping on his forehead. "Oh, ok." Naruto said, walking away.

Kisame sighed at this as Itachi sat on a chair beside Kisame's bed. "You have any idea why he pursues you?" Kisame whisperedly asked. Itachi shook his head no and sighed as he closed his eyes. "Maybe he just wanna get close to you and all?" Kisame asked, grinning. Itachi gave him a stare and said "No." bluntly might I add. With that, Kisame simply sighed and leaned back on his bed.

"I heard him, dattebayo!" Naruto shouted through the door. Naruto banged the door until a series of shouts of annoyance were heard. "Naruto! Shut the f**k up!" Sakura shouted. "Yeah, someone is trying to f**king get a s**ty afternoon nap here!" Hidan followed. "Shut it, un!!" Deidara followed. "I'm so sorry, dattebayo." Naruto said, bowing. He didn't want to anger Sakura even more... and the others too.

The week passed by with Naruto chasing Itachi around. Itachi hid in the room of every Akatsuki member, even Pein's and Zetsu's. The only room he wasn't able to hide into was Sakura's. He was worried that Sakura was unable to heal faster if he bugged her.

He entered the kitchen and saw Sakura chopping vegetables. Sakura looked at Itachi weirdly as Itachi hid into one of the cupboards. "Sakura-chan, have you seen Itachi, dattebayo?" Naruto asked as he entered the kitchen. "No. Why have you been pursuing him? Don't tell me you like him." Sakura said, raising an eyebrow at Naruto with a smirk on his face.

"Sakura-chan, what is wrong with you?! I just want to know something." Naruto shouted as he looked at Sakura weirdly. Naruto stared at the cupboard Itachi is hiding in when he heard a slight noise. "Mice. Annoying mice." Sakura said, hitting the door of the cupboard. "Well, anyway, thanks Sakura-chan. Please call me if you see him. Immediately. Dattebayo." Naruto said, grinning as he walked away.

"Coast is clear." Sakura whispered. Itachi slowly opened the cupboard and jumped down. "Now, why don't you just talk to him?" Sakura asked as she boiled a pot of water. "He creeps me out." Itachi monotonously said, making Sakura look at him in a weird way. "I'll come with you. I want you to talk to him later after supper." Sakura said. She looked at Itachi only to see him slightly pale. "It's funny how the great Itachi Uchiha gets scared of the knuckle head ninja named Naruto Uzumaki." Sakura said, laughing.

To Be Continued...