Tears

Dean walked home an hour later, soaking wet. He ran up the stairs and closed the door behind him. He slumped onto his bed before closing his eyes and falling asleep.

The next day he heard the doorbell ring followed by a, "He's in his room," dammit that meant Cas was here.

The door to his room opened a crack and he saw Cas peeking in. The door opened all the way and Cas walked in before sitting on the bed next to Dean. He look down sadly and said, "Hey."

Dean inhaled sharply. "I just wanted to explain," said Cas. Wait why does he have to explain? I'm the one who confessed my love for my best friend of 11 years.

"Ok?" said Dean. Cas took a deep breath before saying, "Dean you can't love me." He paused. "Why not?" Asked Dean. "Because I can't ever be with you." said Cas. Dean sighed, he already knew this. "I know you don't love me back," said Dean sadly looking down. "Dean." "What?" "You can't love me because I have Stage 2 liver cancer."

Dean froze. No, this can't be happening, I can't loose him. He started to cry. Silent tears streamed down his face. "Don't cry, no I don't want you to cry," said Cas holding back his own tears. Dean pulled Cas into a tight hug, "Baby don't leave me," he said between sobs.  Cas sniffed, "I don't have a choice," he whispered.

Cas told him he had went for a standard checkup the day before his birthday. They found something unusual in his blood work so they did a bunch of tests and diagnosed him. Cas had asked everyone to act normal for Dean's birthday.

Dean was laying down next to Cas on Dean's bed. Cas had fallen asleep a while ago. Dean's arm was underneath him. Dean just hugged him and buried his nose in his trench coat before falling asleep.

He woke up a few hours later to find Cas staring at him.

"Dean?"

"Yes?"

"I love you too."

Dean chocked. Then he started crying. He kissed all over Cas' face before kissing his lips. "God, I love you so much," he said before rubbing his eyes.

Cas told him he was gonna try the radiation to try and get rid of the cancer. If it didn't work it would just make him worse.

They walked over to Cas' house. The second everyone say Dean's  tear stained face they knew.

Lucifer walked up to them and patted Cas' shoulder, "If I could I'd use my satanic powers to heal you," he said causing Cas and Dean to giggle.

The next day Cas and Dean skipped school to go to the chemotherapy. Technically Dean didn't have to go but he said there was no way in hell he was leaving Cas all alone. Cas went into this room for a while and when he came out he was very weak. He fell asleep in the car. Dean didn't see any changes.

This went on for a few weeks, Cas would go in and come out looking pale as ever. Dean was losing hope.