20

When I got to the venue, David showed me to the backstage area with all of the makeup and hair people. The plan was that I was going to get my hair and makeup done while he met fans.

I sat down and a lovely girl walked over to me. "Hello, Ilse!" She held out her hand. "I'm Kayla." I shook her hand.

"It's nice to meet you." I said shyly. It was awfully cold to be waking around in a romper with no pants or shoes. I shivered.

"What was David thinking? You poor thing, must me freezing!" I nodded as she frantically took of her sweater and gave it to me.

She started to gently work my face with makeup. Me and Kayla talked the whole time. And then I remembered my cat. "Oh my!" I exclaimed. "Poor violet!" She stood in front of me. Those blue eyes trying to figure me out. "Oh." I laughed. "My cat."

Her face showed understanding. "Would you like to take her?" I asked. "While I'm in England?"

"I could take her. Just while you're in England though. That's it." She laughed. "Ok well you're ready." She handed me a mirror and I gaped at myself. I looked amazing.

"Well thank you for everything Kayla! But I have to go find Ziggy now!" I looked down, twiddled my thumbs and then waved at her and left.

***

I found David signing posters and such. When he saw me he smiled and hugged me. "Hello Ilse. You look wonderful." He pressed his lips into mine. I could feel my eyes get wide and then kissed back. He let me go and I stumbled. Groups of people laughed as me and David giggled with them.

"We should get to the stage..." David trailed off. I nodded as he took my hand. We passed the back stage and he picked up a beautiful violin and handed it to me while he still walked on by. Then we passed through a small dressing room and where on the stage. Applause soon followed. That night was a night to remember. The first song we played was called Starman.

❌❌❌
Dedicated to:
ThatsQueenK