16

"Excuse me." Ilse chokes. She walked out of the room with her head down and I followed her outside. We sat on the porch swing and I pulled a cigarette out of the front pocket of my shirt. I held out one for Ilse and she gladly took it.

          "Thank you." She said turning away. I touched her shoulder and she completely broke down in tears. I pulled her to me and held the cigarette away from her face. She sobbed and it broke my heart. The past two days I have fallen in love with Ilse.

"Ils?" I asked. She looked up and gave me a, hmm. "I saw a flyer for a carnival. Maybe after this..." I gestured, "we could go." She wiped the tears off of her face.

"That would be great." She said. Right then she started to shiver. I stood up and pulled her with me, walking her inside. When we reached the kitchen, Cole and her parents were sitting at the table, one twin on each of his knees. I could see Ilse's face get red. "I want to go now." She mumbled grabbing a random coat off of the hook and storming to the front door.

"Are you sure?" I whispered harshly.

"Yes I'm sure. They both do things like this all of the time, to remind me of..." She trailed off and opened the door. "Please just... Let's go." I nodded and followed her.

"I'll drive." I stated. She handed me the keys and I opened the passenger door for her, walking to the drivers side after.

***

I looked at her laugh as we went around on the teacups. She laughed when we went on the music express. And she smiled as we kissed on the Ferris Wheel. The way she looked as we went around on the carousel, I wish I could take a picture. I stood behind her as she laughed and stumbled off of the horse, dizzily.

She fell into me as I blew smoke out of the side of my mouth and held out my forearms for her to grab. She started to laugh as did I. "I don't want to go back there." She laughed. "Let's go back to the guest house."

"Ilse..." I trailed off.

"David I love you. And I don't want this day to be ruined. I want to cuddle up on the couch with you, and watch movies and kiss and fall asleep in your arms. I want to have hundreds of more days like we have had today." She finished out of breath.

"Ilse?" I looked at her and smiled she looked up at me.

"Mmmm." She mumbled.

"I love you too."

❌❌❌

The picture for this chapter...
🔻Smoking🔻

🔻Smirking🔻

🔻Smirking🔻