15

When me and David woke up the boys were gone back to the main house. Helping with thanksgiving dinner, no doubt. We lay in bed for a little while before heading downstairs and making a small breakfast of pancakes and toast. I stood at the stove flipping pancakes when he snaked his arms around my waist and planted soft kisses on the back of my neck.

We put a record on the player and danced around after we finished breakfast. After we finished with the dishes, we scoured through the movies. "Ah ha!" I said holding up The Never Ending Story in triumph. David looked at the movie in my hand.

"Are you sure?" He asked, raising his eyebrows. I nodded excitedly. I could tell he was unsure about the movie, but he seemed to be very into it. He even cried when Atreyu and Falkor lost each other. When the movie was over we started talking about England.

         "You will have to have a checkup before you get your passport. I will too. Probably when we get back to New York." David explained. I nodded along with what he was saying. I was excited. I jumped up and skipped around the house. David laughed and stood up, folding me in a hug when I came back around towards him.

         "I hate to stop the party so soon, but I think we should be heading over to your parents house..." He smirked.

***

As soon as we walked into the house, we could feel the heat of the cooking and smell how good it was. I lead David into the kitchen and sat on his lap at the kitchen table. Every time Jenn would turn around David would kiss the back of my neck and I would quietly giggle.

          "Why don't you guys pick out a record to listen to?" She suggested. I smiled and nodded at her, getting up and pulling David's hand. We searched through the records. I grinned at myself, finding one that I had never seen before.

"This is you?" I asked holding up an album. He blushed and nodded. I put the record on and I listened carefully, swaying once and a while. Soon I was very into the music and started to dance.

"That's a good choice, Ils!" Jenn called, laughing after she said it. The house smelled amazing, and the air was warm in the way that it was warm with the smell of thanks giving dinner.

"Hello guys!" I heard my dad call. "Look who is going to join us for dinner..." He trailed off as I continued to dance with David. I could hear his footsteps as well as a second pair.

"Uh, Ilse." I could instantly tell the awkward voice of Cole. I tripped once before standing slightly behind David with my hands behind my back. My face was straight as the record came to a stop.