13

I will admit. I was nervous. Nervous to see my dad. To see my brothers and step-mom. They were my family, but last time we were together things went down, bad. I took in a deep breath and knocked on the door, David behind me.

First the cat. Then Egan and Billy came running to me. "Ilse!" They ran into me and hugged me tightly.

"Hello!" My step-mom said walking out of the kitchen, wiping her hands on a towel. She hugged me and shook David's hand.

"It's so nice to meet you!" She said cheerfully. "Ilse's dad should be here soon." She smiled. "Why don't you show David around?" She winked at me. "You guys will be staying in the guest house."

I blushed and dropped my bag in front of the door and lead him upstairs to all of the rooms. After explaining all of the rooms I showed him the dining room and living room. "Well that's about it..." I said leading him outside. "But I have a surprise for you." I grinned leading him out to the horse barn.

We walked in and almost instantly my beautiful Draft Horse, Leo, stepped up to the gate and nudged my back with his nose. "Hello there, handsome." I said giggling. The rest of the horses must have heard me because they all started to neigh.

David looked around, and I walked up to him. "Let me introduce you" I said. "This is Leonardo." I said pointing to my horse. Leo bowed. "This is Sylvester." Sylvester bowed. "This is Cadence and Candace. They are twins." They both bowed. "And this... This is Grayson." Grayson was my dads Draft. He bowed. I clicked my tung and they all stood upright.

"That was impressive!" He said. I blushed.

"Well I never had many friends in high school. That means no parties or sleepovers or hanging out. They were all ponies around that, time so I trained them all."

David stepped forward and hugged me. I looked up and leaned into his face. He put his hands on my cheeks and softly kisses me.

"Eh-hem." My dad cleared his throat from behind me. I turned around.

"Daddy!" I exclaimed, running towards him. He opened his arms and hugged me tightly, kissing the top of my head.

"Hello Ils." He mumbled into my hair. "Jenn says that dinner is going to be done in 30 minutes. You should get the house ready for you two."

I nodded and David walked over to me and my dad. "Oh yeah this is David." I said. My dads eyes widened.

"The David?" He asked. "Like David Bowie?" David nodded. My dad sook his hand.

"Yessir. That's me." He replied.

"I'm a big fan!" My dad exclaimed. I looked at him in disbelief.

"Okay David. I think my dad is right. I should show you the guest house." We walked back to the rental and drove up the hill to the amazing guest house at the top of the mountain.

Me and David brought our bags to the only bedroom in the house. They built the house so there was a whole wall that was a giant window looking out at the changing mountain range.

"They look like they go on forever..." I said.

"Yes they do." He replied and leaned down to kiss me.

***

Dinner passed with success. Everyone got along. We sat in the family room and talked before me and David headed back to the house.

"Do you want to go for a walk in the woods?" I asked.

"That would be lovely." He smile and grabbed my coat helping me in it and linking his arm in mine.

We talked and gossiped as we walked through the woods. Occasionally laughing. He gave me a piggy back ride and I hopped off when we got into the house.

He helped me out of my coat and took his off. I pressed my body against his and kissed him passionately. He stood there for a second not knowing what to do. Then he wrapped his arms around me. I took a second to close the bedroom door before kissing him again.