6

My hands were shaking. I was furious. Who was standing in front of me? None other than Julie. Julie my ex-girlfriend. Who I thought I'd left back in England.

         She ran up to me and hugged me. "David, I missed you so much. Didn't you miss me, David?" I pushed her off. She was crazy, and I realized that a little bit too late. I looked at her and tilted my head.

          "How did you find me. Why are you here?" I asked her. She sabotaged my life and career, and when I split things off, I didn't tell her where I was going. I just left.

          "Aren't you glad to see me?" She asked ignoring my question. I shook my head and she frowned.

          "No Julie, I'm not glad to see you. I actually never wanted to see you again. Ever. And I told you that. So why are you here?" I tried again.

          "Because, David, I missed you." She said again.

         "Julie I'm afraid you have to leave." I grabbed a wad of cash. "Take this and buy a plane ticket back to London. I have somewhere to be."

          I pushed her out of the door and slammed it before buttoning the sleeves of my shirt and grabbing my coat. I waited about 15 minutes before leaving my apartment and picking up Ilse: the only person I wanted to see right now.

          The way she smiled and blushed when she opened the door of her apartment. "Please come in. I'm sorry I just got back from work and I haven't had time to change yet." She gestured to the couch, with a huge cat on it that looked like a tiger. I gasped. I guess she heard it because right away she started to explain.

         "Ohmygod! Violet get off the couch." She yelled at the cat who looked up for a couple of seconds before resting it's head back in its paws. "Violet is my cat. She really is harmless. It's just the kind of cat she is. She's huge."

         It's ok I said sitting down next to the cat, stoking her head. Ilse disappeared into what I guessed was her room. "I'm sorry I'm not ready, she exclaimed "the caffè was packed today and it didn't know what time you would be here." Her voice muffled, like she was putting on a shirt.

         "I'm sorry I didn't tell you the time." I said smiling and leaning down to kiss the cats head.

          The cat stood up and crawled up onto my lap. "I rather you didn't. It's more exciting." I smiled and kept petting the cat. She walked out with a purple dress shirt and white skinny jeans. She had pulled her curls into a loose bun. I gaped.

          "Do I look okay? Am I going to be too under dressed?" She asked

          "No you look fine. Great actually." I said. She plopped down on the couch next to me and started to pet her cat too. My hand brushed up against hers. She looked away as I laced my fingers between hers. She scooted closer as rested her head on my shoulder.

          "Are you ready?" I purred into her ear. She nodded and we both got up heading for the door. We held hands all the way to my car and to the restaurant.