7

First thing: I don't drink. I'm not even old enough to drink. But Bowie is. So he offered to buy me a drink. My first drink. And my second and third. And now I think I'm drunk, but not buzzed.

"Hey! Ya know what?" I slurred in the passengers seat if his car. He smiled, that brat smiled, like me being drunk was funny.

"Yes Ilse?" He smirked. Keeping his eyes on the road.

"You should fly up to Vermont with me. On thanksgiving break. They give us the week." I laughed. He pulled into the parking garage of my building. He had to help me walk.

When we got to my apartment I felt my stomach drop. "Uh oh!" I moaned and ran to the bathroom. David followed me. "No... You don't wanna... Oh god." I heaved and he lunged over to hold my hair. I threw up.

David sat down behind me and rubbed my back. I threw up again and leaned back against the tub. "I'm so sorry I did that. I'm a screw up." I put my head in my hands, feeling more sober.

"It's ok. I'm the one who bought you the drinks." He rubbed the back of his neck and furrowed his eyebrows. I noticed there was a bra laying on the floor close to me foot. I picked it up and threw it into my room across the hall and leaned back again.

"Do you want to watch a movie. I won't get drunk this time... I just, I need to shower first." And brush my teeth. I added only in my head. "The movies are on a shelf in my room." I said pointing to my room.

"Okay. A movie sounds great." He nodded and left the bathroom.

I showered and brushed my teeth. And tiptoed into my room to change. David was standing there in front of my shelf of movies. I squealed. He spun around. "Jesus. You scared me." He said putting his hand on his chest.

He looked down and walked out of my room. When I came out he had already picked out three movies before I got out of the shower. "Hey Ilse. Take some Aspirin and drink a lot of water." I tilted my head and looked at him.

"Why." I asked, confused.

"I hope you never have to figure out why. Hangovers suck." He giggled and sat on the couch. He handed me 21 days and I put it in the DVD player. I ran and jumped up on the couch, resting my head on his shoulder. He shook his head and pulled me on his lap.

I curled up and rested my head on his chest, wrapping my arms around his waist. He put is arm around my shoulders and kissed the top of my head.

***

The sun shone through the windows. I stretched out and almost fell off the couch. The couch? I sat up and elbowed something. "Ouch." Oh my god David! I almost forgot he was here. He sat up.

"You fell asleep on me and I didn't want to wake you last night. I also didn't want to leave." He smirked.

"What time is it?" I asked, scratching my head. He turned and looked at the clock hanging in the kitchen.

"7:20" he said nodding his head. I laid back down.

"Good I don't have class until 2:00 today. Personal lesson. It only lasts an hour." He laid next to me, and turned towards me.

"Can I let you in on a secret?" He asked. I nodded with enthusiasm. "My last name isn't really Bowie." He blushed. "Well it is Bowie, but not the last name I was born with."

"Well, what is your real last name then?" I asked.

"Jones. But there is already a famous David Jones."

"But you're not famous." I said kind of confused.

"I used to be," he muttered. "Very much so, in England. My ex girlfriend, Julie, sabotaged me." I could see the anger and hurt in his eyes. I don't know why, but I leaned in and kissed him.

His lips were even sweeter than they looked. I pulled away and looked into his mismatched blue eyes. For the first time I realized that one pupil was bigger than the other. "I'm sorry." I closed my eyes. He didn't say anything, but instead kissed me again.

"You should come to school with me today." I said when he pulled away.