M.I.N.£

Roc sat back in the hard hospital chair and let out a sigh, reliving the events that occurred earlier that day.

Two shots rang off before the room became eerily quiet. Roc struggled with the door before getting through. He gasped at the sight ahead of him. On the floor lay-

"Mr Darren Rocman?" The surgeon called. Roc lifted his head up and walked towards him. "One of the patients would like to see you now." The surgeon led Roc through an unwinding corridor and in to a door marked 395.

"I'm afraid, I cannot stay with you. I have more patients to operate on but I will come back in five minutes, when I come back, you will have to leave the room." The surgeon walked off.

Roc walked in to the room, taking in the off-white walls, bright green curtains, white crisp sheets and the iv drip strung up above the bed. "Jason, you look terrible." Roc smiled and rubbed a hand over his face.

Jason looked up and saw Roc, he frowned and looked around. "Roc, I can't move. Roc, why can't I move? Roc, what's going on?" Jason's eyes became wide as he panicked. "Jase, I need you to calm down. I'll explain everything when you're calm." Roc ran to Jason's side.

Jason nodded his head and began to breathe heavily. "Roc,tell me. Please." He whispered.

"Jason, you, Malia, Jayshawn and Selin were set up by Stefani. I went out of the house to get food and when I came back, you were all gone but Stefani left a note. She told me where you were taken and that she really did love Jayshawn but if she ever crossed Money, he would kill her and every single person she ever loved.

I raced over to where you were taken and... Jason when I got there I tried my hardest to get you all out but they shut me out before I could get to you. I broke down the door in a desperate attempt but I.." Roc stopped talking and tears began to stream down his face.

"If I didn't fumble around, if I was stronger or a little bit faster everyone would still be here. Jason you was shot in the back, it left you in a paralysed state from your waist down. The doctors said you could recover in an hour, in a day, in a year or never. I'm so sorry, it's all my fault." Roc broke down and stood in the corner of the room.

"I might never be able to walk again, to run, to stand. I'm no longer independent. I'm going to need help to bathe, to eat." Jason stared blankly ahead. "I'm so-" "You're not to blame." Jason said.

"I want to be alone right now. I know I'm never going to be able to do things by myself again, just allow me this moment." Jason sighed, Roc nodded and left the room.

Jason began to yell, tears streamed down his face as he tried to get up. Try as he might, only his arms moved. He knocked things off of the shelves next to him and put his head in his hands.