Blue

Day Later
Medical Bay

I slowly open my eyes to see the white ceiling above me with the sounds of a heart monitor echoing throughout the room. My body feels really cold and my head is pounding. A few faint voices mumbling words to each other.

"Is it seventy years later?" I question while sitting up on the hospital bed.

"Hilarious." Steve sarcastically says as he walks over to my side. "How are you feeling?" He asks, looking down at me.

"Saint like..." I mumble, giving him a small smile. "Why am I hooked up to a machine?"

"Do you not remember what happened?" He scoffs with his arms crossed across his chest. "Madi, the human fire torch, had a malfunction and let out a burst of fire while you were in the room with her. Whilst opening the first door, you fell and hit your head--" He pushes back a strand of hair to uncover the cut on my forehead "--on it while it was sliding open."

"How's Madi?" I ask, remembering a bit when I injected the serum into her.

"Serum didn't fully work." He sighs. "Her powers didn't go away fully but they calmed down quite a bit... She's in the lab with Tony and Banner, right now."

"Where's Payton?" I question while looking around the room. It's a bit empty besides for some more hospital beds and important medical stuff.

"In the second lab testing some of your blood."

"They already have my blood from SHIELD, why does Payton need more of it?" I demand, obviously annoyed.

"Remember Italy?" I nod. "Remember when you got stabbed?" I nod again. "Remember when you turned blue?" I nod for the third time in a row, he points down to my hand. I furrow my eyebrows before slowly lifting my hand so I can see what means.

My hand and whole arm is completely blue. The texture is a bit rough but overall, it's pretty smooth looking.

"Oh." I close my eyes and focus my energy a bit. "There ya go." I open my eyes just as my skin turns back to its normal color. I look back up at Steve who's eyes are wide and his mouth is open slightly. "What?"

"I just... You just..." He stutters, looking totally amazed. "When did you learn how to control that?" He finally makes eye contact with me.

"During my sixty-eight years, I learned a few things along the way, Stevie." I smirk while looking up at him. "Now, help me up, my legs are numb." I unclip the thing on my thumb and rip off the little pads under my shirt.

Main Lab

"She has awoken!" Tony announces as he types stuff into his fancy see-through computer.

"You're still in the same clothes!" I call back, referring to his dark grey Led Zepplin t-shirt and dark wash jeans.

"You are too!" He points to my sweats and a baggy red t-shirt.

"I was unconscious!" I defend.

He goes silent. "Shut up!" He finally says and turns back to his work. I giggle then turn my attention to Madi.

"You okay?" I ask her, my attitude completely changing from playful to serious.

"Yeah, yeah." She nods, not making eye contact with me as she sits on top of the table in the middle of the lab.

"Then why aren't you looking at me?"

She doesn't respond.

"Madison." I say in a stern tone.

"I almost killed you!" She exclaims.

"I injected you with the stuff that almost killed me!" I counter. "They made the stuff." I point to the two scientists typing or writing away on their respective objects. "When new things enter your system, you don't know how your body will react! You have no control over how it reacts. I'm not mad or anything and you shouldn't be."

"But--"

"Listen to the nine-seven-year-old!" Tony yells.

"Okay." She nods.

"That's my girl." He (sort of) sarcastically praises causing her to blush slightly.