Serums

A Few Days Later
Lab

"Okay, so, we got the serum all figured out, right?" Payton questions as the five of us gather around the table in the middle of the lab, a new daily occurrence since we arrived here.

"Yeah." Bruce confirms, we got Steve to talk him into coming here. "Tony, do you have the stuff to make the serum?"

"Uhh, I think." He honestly answers while he walks to the fridge where he keeps all the chemicals. "List 'em off."

"Furosemide..." I start to space out as Banner starts to list the ingredients to the serum to at least die down Madi's powers so she can walk around without being an ice box.

Flashback
Dungeon

"I just feel like I need to tell someone about what I did during those sixty-something years." I sigh as I sit on the floor in front of the glass cell. "I feel so guilty about that stuff."

"Well, dear sister, you just told me." Loki points out with a slight smirk gracing his features.

"But I don't see you every day, I don't live with you, and the only times you go to Midgard is to conquer it." I counter, he nods. "I don't want to tell Steve because he'll worry and ask so many questions, I don't want to tell Payton because she'll tell Steve, and Madi... I haven't talked to Madi since the Chitauri Attack."

"What about Stark?" He questions.

"Haven't talked to him in a while too."

"What about the guy who you go to for PTSD?" He suggests then snaps his fingers. "What was his name?"

"Sam." I answer.

"Yeah, him!" He nods. "Isn't he the guy who helps with getting over the war stuff?"

"Yeah."

"So he specializes in that sort of thing." Loki points out, it's my turn to nod. "Speak with him then."

"I..." I think about it for a second, doing the pros and cons in my head. "How is post-sixty-seven years bouncing around the universe traumatic stress his specialization?"

Loki opens his mouth to answer but quickly closes it when he doesn't know what to say.

Flashback Over

"Oi, Sparky, you listening?" Tony waves his hand in front of my face.

"What?" I shake my head, trying to focus back on the task at hand.

"We need you to go inject Madi with the serum." He informs while showing me the syringe in his hand, it kind of looks like a fancy EpiPen.

"I was out for like, barely two minutes and you already have the serum ready?" I question while I snatch the syringe out of his hand as I walk over to the module.

"Just--"

"Not to surprise you, Stark, but even we had needles back in the '40's." I cut him off and twirl the tube between my fingertips.

"Don't do that." He panics slightly. "I don't have enough ingredients if you break that."

"You can afford to get some more, though." I send him a smirk before typing in the passcode into the keypad. "Wish her luck!" I call as the door slides closed behind me.

*•*•*•

"Is it going to hurt?" Madi questions as rolls her sleeve up slightly.

"I honestly didn't ask." I admit while taking the cap off. "But, it's a needle so I don't think it will hurt that much." I shrug.

"Okay." She lets out a deep breath. "I'm ready." She closes her eyes as I hover the syringe over her deltoid muscle in her right upper arm.

"You sure?"

"Just... yeah." She nods.

"Three... two... one." I count down then stab the needle into her arm.

"That wasn't that bad." She lets out the breath that she was holding in.

"I haven't even pushed the button thing down yet." I inform then do it, she lets out a scream of pain. "I'm so sorry!" I apologize as she flinches back and clenches her fist that are now on fire.

"It's fine." She holds her fiery hand up and the fire travels up her arms and throughout her whole body. Thank god Tony gave her fireproof clothing.

"It is obviously is not fine." I exclaim as I notice the pain etched on her face. "Madison, you need to calm down." I warn, slowly walking backward to the door.

"I'm trying!" She yells as I fail to push the right numbers into the keypad. Madi lets out a scream as her body lets out a big fire blast just when I open the first door.