An Angel And His Hunter

They nodded at each other, and the battle began.

Cas wrapped his wings around him and Dean, tensing the muscle to make them bulletproof, one of the many tricks he learned over the years.

He retracted his makeshift shield and Dean took ten guys down one by one with his colt.

It was amazing to watch him fight, his suit made his well defined chest prominent, and the way he could take down so many people with one blow to the head.

Cas shook out of his trance and focused his attention on the fight in front of him. He saw five guys running towards him, but sent them flying with his wings.

He picked up a gun one of the goons had dropped and began to take them out.

His aim wasn't as good as Dean's, but it did the job.

They looked like they were in an action movie, back to back, shooting the enemy with deadly accuracy, all they needed was a slow motion camera pan and some rap music.

Cas looked to see Crowley running for the exit. "Hold them off!" He yelled to Dean and took off after the short man with an English accent.

He pinned Crowley against a wall, making him cough with the sudden blow. "You're not going anywhere." Cas snarled.

Crowley didn't seem to be panicking at all, in fact he looked completely calm. He raised an eyebrow. "Oh really?" He raised a hand to Cas' forehead, his eyes turning red was the last thing Cas saw before he fell to the ground.

It was white. And black. White and black like the chess pieces on a board. Moving precisely, with thoughtful actions. There were shadows and light.

He could hear a voice. Several voices. There were so many voices. They didn't sound like voices at first, just high pitched rings. But over time, Cas began to recognize the language.

"Brother, come back."

"You belong with us."

"Come home."

"Save us."

Were these angels? Are they my family? How can I understand them? I've never spoken this language before.

White, and black. Some say they are opposites when in fact they are twins. One cannot exist without the other.

The light of heaven.

The darkness of hell.

He suddenly had a form again. He was in a green field. It was beautiful, with lush green grass and insects fluttering here and there.

He could see the bees, oh how he loved the bees. He crouched down to a flower where a bee was resting on it's  delicate petals.

He smiled. "Hello there." He softly stroked the petals of the flower, watching the plant teem with life. The bee flies away and Cas looks closely at the flower.

It was a daisy, white petals and a center yellow like the sun. It was a truly beautiful plant, one of Cas' favorites in fact.

A soft white feather landed in the grass by his knee. He picked it up and twirled it between his fingers. It felt familiar, it seemed to be speaking.

"Help us."

More feathers came twirling down to him.

"Help us."

"Save us."

"He is coming."

They all seemed to say the same thing.

Who or what needs to be saved? What from? Who is this 'he'?

Cascades of white fluffy feathers fluttered down on him, as if it were raining.

"Help me."

"Save us."

They all cried out for help. His mind was being overwhelmed by the whispers in his head. Then one thought, or name, stood out in contrast to the pleas.

"Lucifer."

He woke up gasping.

"Dean!" He cried out. Dean ran up to his side.

"Cas! Cas, are you okay?" Dean spoke with urgency. "Where's Crowley?" Cas asked, but Dean just shook his head and continued checking Cas for injuries. Cas pushed his hands off him and glared.

"Dean stop, did you find them?" Dean shook his head. "I've been searching for hours on the radar."

"Let me have a look."

A fair amount of time later, Cas and Dean were taking to the sky.

"I know Charlie and Sam is your brother, but who is the third?" Dean looked to him.

"He's my boss. But, really, he's my adoptive father. When times got rough and dad would start... hitting, Bobby was there for me Sam. He was always someone taking care of us. And when dad died in a crash, he took us in. He's the only one besides Sam that knows about..." He gestured down to his costume. "Well this."

Cas nodded his head. "I promise we'll get him back safe."

They landed on a roof of a small building, Dean jumping out of Cas' arms.

The two ran down the rusted metal staircase and into a small room where the three figures stood.

Dean ran to Sam's form first, ripping off the bag and moving his fingers to his neck to check for a pulse.

"He's still alive." Cas checked the other two and nodded at Dean.

They untied everyone and moved them to the side wall. Dean was trying to wake up Sam by tapping his face.

They were all dirty, Charlie's hair was matted along with Sam's. Dried blood streaked their faces, but there seemed to be no origin for the blood to come from, not even a bruise.

"Sammy? C'mon Sammy, talk to me." Dean flicked his brother's face, eliciting a groan from the man.

"Dean?" Sam asked in a weak voice. He smiled. "Heya Sammy. I'm right here."

Cas grinned at the exchange, then a ringing in his ears had him clutching his head and crying out in pain.

Dean ran to his side. "Cas? Are you okay?"

"Dean, where is the vial?" Cas asked through gritted teeth.

"Cas, what're you talking about? Are you okay? Did Crowley hurt you?" Cas grabbed his arm.

"Dean. Where. Is. The. Vial." Dean turned and fished through the black bag they had brought.

"It's right here." He handed the object to Cas. "Why do you need it?"

Cas looked at the glass vial in his hand then turned to Dean with sad eyes.

"I'll tell you everything I know."

-•—

One. Chapter. Left. :'(