I Don't Need You

The five figures ran out of the warehouse. Cas jumped out the window he had come through. Once the men and woman spotted him they kept running, only faster. "Split up!" The man yelled. Cas assumed he was the leader. He watched as the five split up and all went down different streets. "Shit."

He decided the leader was the best to pursue because he had the mysterious glowing vial. He took off down the alleyway towards the dark figure. The man swore and aimed his gun at the flying man, shooting but missing as Castiel dodged it. The man kept firing bullets and one caught Cas' wing. He cried out, but tackled the man nevertheless, delivering a hard blow to his temple.

He dug around in the man's pockets, finding the glowing vial. He hoisted the man on his shoulder, aiming to take him to a secure location where he can interrogate him. Then a flash of pain went through his wing. "Damn it." He said, but lifted the man anyway. "Need help?" A voice asked from the shadows. Oh no. "Hello, Hunter." The man in green stepped into the light. "Looks like someone took a bullet to the wing." Yeah, thanks captain obvious. "Really?" Castiel groaned out, "hadn't noticed."

"Do you need help?"

"No, I'm managing quite fine, thank you."

"Dude."

"What?" He snapped.

"You just got shot."

"I am well aware of that fact."

"Just let me help you-"

"No! Leave me alone! If you want to help, there were four others. Go find them or something." And Cas took off.

He realized his mistake as soon as another bolt of pain shot through his body. He landed, and walked the rest of the way to the safe house.

—D

The Hunter watched Dark Angel leave and stared as the black wings disappeared into the night. "Aren't you going to chase the other four angel mentioned." Sam's voice brought him back to reality. "They're probably long gone by now."

"You're probably right. Well, there's a robbery going down about a block away from you."

"Got it."