Clap You're Hands If You Believe

Cas couldn't feel anything other than pain. It was a sharp dagger ripping through his body, tearing through his very being.

He could faintly hear Hunter's voice, "Angel! Angel calm down!" But he couldn't calm down, bout with the searing pain pulsing throughout his limbs. He fell to the ground, barely registering it through the pain.

What was happening? What was that white flash? His mind was racing, going to fast. He couldn't think, until he felt a warm presence around him. He closed his eyes.

When he could think again, he heard a voice, "It's okay, you're okay." It sounded familiar. "Dean?" He asked. The voice stopped. He opened his eyes, and the green mask of The Hunter greeted him.

He seemed to just stare at him. "What did you say?" Hunter asked. "Nothing, just a dream." Cas still wasn't thinking straight. "What happened?" He asked.

The Hunter seemed to snap out of whatever phase he was caught in. "Well, the flash went off, then you started screaming."

"I was screaming?"

"Yeah, super loud too. I would go so far as to say it was inhuman, with how high pitched it was," Cas' brain stopped.

Angel of solitude and tears

"Are you sure you're okay?"

"I need to go." Hunter looked taken aback. He put his hand on Cas' shoulder, somehow managing to look concerned even though he couldn't see any of his facial features.

"Are you sure? Shouldn't you take it easy for a little while? I mean-"

"I need to leave, now." Cas interrupted him. He stood up and walked to the edge of the building, unfolding his wings in preparation to take off. Then he turned back around to The Hunter. "Oh, and thank you, for helping me," he paused for a moment before making his decision. "Dean."

Then he took off.

Later as he soared above the rooftops of the city, he realized what he had done. I just told him I knew his secret identity. In the end, he realized it didn't matter, what did matter, though, is that Dean didn't know who he was. Cas' own secret identity remained a secret to him.

What have you gotten yourself into this time Castiel. His own voice echoed in his head. He landed on a short building, and began to pace back and forth.

In the end Dean could figure out my identity.

What if he doesn't?

Should I tell him?

What if-

"We've found it sir."

A voice interrupted his thoughts. "Are you sure it isn't just another human?" A British voice asked. Cas looked over the edge of the building to see five figures standing on the sidewalk, illuminated by a flickering street lamp.

One of the men held a phone up to the source of the voice. Cas couldn't see it from where he was perched, but the sounds of an inhuman scream played from the object. It was him, when the flash went off, he was what they were looking for.

"So that's him then. He's the angel."

Hey Angel

Oh Angel

Don't cry, Angel

He was an angel? Well it made sense, with the wings and all that. "We're certain sir."

"I suppose I should have seen that one coming." The short man mused. "Very well then, get all you men on the streets to find Dark Angel."

Well shit.

—D

What the hell?
How did Angel know my name?
Who is he?
These question flew through Dean's head as he stood in the same spot Dark Angel had left him. He shook his head, what the hell is going on? "Sam?" He spoke into his microphone. No answer.

"Sam!"

Still nothing. "Shit." He muttered to himself. He made his way back to his brother's apartment.

Must have blown the microphone when Dark Angel was screaming.

He eventually arrived on the fire escape, and tapped on the window. Within seconds his shaggy haired brother opened said window.

"What the hell happened?" Sam asked immediately as Dean crawled into the cramped living room. "Not much. Just had to stop a superhero from shattering my eardrums. Then figured out he knows my name. Panicked because I couldn't hear you. Come to figure out he blew my microphone out with that high pitched screech. Also my hand smells weird." He shoved his hand to Sam's nose, he pushed it away.

"Wait, did you say Dark Angel knew your name? Like your actual, secret identity?"

"YES SAM HE KNOWS MY NAME AND I DON'T KNOW HOW!" He shouted at his brother. "Woah, Dean, calm down. He's not bad, in fact, isn't he a good guy?" Dean took off his mask and raised an eyebrow at him. "Yeah he's a good guy but that doesn't mean he needs to know who I am. Aren't you wondering how he knows my name? Cause I sure as hell am." He threw his arms up into the air as he said this.

"Yes, I am wondering how. But right now you need to calm the hell down."

Dean sat down hard on the couch, this night sure had taken a turn. He set his head in his hands, groaning. I can't believe this. "Maybe he knows you, like your secret identity. He could be someone in you life."

"I don't know. Why would he wait until now to tell me?"

"Maybe he just figured it out."

Dean sighed again. "I need to go home, I'll just sleep on it." He stood up slowly stripping off the rest of his suit, leaving him in his boxers. He walked to the bathroom and grabbed his clothes. He pulled his pants on over his hips, walking back into the living room pulling on his black shirt.

"That's a good idea, good night Dean."

"See ya, bitch."

"Jerk."
-•—
Okay, that was a stupidly obvious reveal. I promise Dean is gonna figure out who Cas is. I know, for a Destiel fic, there isn't much Destiel, but that's coming up soon. Also updates may slow down again because I'm working on two other stories. Farewell and may the odds be ever in your favor.