Could It Be True?

Cas sat on the couch, listening to Dean shuffle around in the next room. He turned on the TV, and a random sitcom came on. It was the same one Dean and him had watched the day before. Too bad it's just a rerun, Cas thought, I wanted to see what happened next.

"HORATIO!" Dean screamed from his doorway. Cas jumped, the turned to scowl at his roommate "Dean! I thought you wanted quiet." Dean waved off the idea. "Nah, the aspirin is kicking in now." Cas huffed out a laugh.

"You still look like shit."

"Thanks, really, I take it to the heart." Cas just shrugged, "Just being honest." He paused, "Sam called," Dean looked up at him "He just asked if you were okay." Dean nodded "Do you... Do you know how he got my number?" He looked down again. "Uhh, I think I gave it to him sometime." Cas nodded. Dean moved over and sat on the couch next to him, with their shoulders touching. Cas was trying really hard not to notice. "So, what crappy reality TV show is on today?" Cas chuckled.

The rest of the day passed in a blur, and before he knew it, it was time to go for patrol. "Well, I think I'll head over to Sammy's place." Dean stood up. "Gotta check up on my brother and all that." Cas was glad Dean was leaving. Not that he didn't like Dean's company, he just needed to get out on patrol, he had a duty to fulfill.

"Oh, Cas?" He looked up, "What did I do last night? Y'know, when I was drunk?"

"You sang a lot of Taylor Swift. You also educated me and Sam on the penguin's ability to fly, or rather, lack there of." Cas thought for a moment, "But nothing else."

Why didn't you tell him, idiot?

"Oh, good. And, sorry, by the way."

"It was fine." Dean grabbed his keys and walked out the door. Cas waited some ten minutes before making his way to the roof. There he put on his suit, released his wings, and took off into the night sky.

—D

Dean breathed in the night air of the city. Ah, he thought, chemicals and regrets.

"Dean," Sam's voice came in through the earpiece. "There's a fire on 5th."

"On my way."

He reached an apartment building swallowed in flames. A group of people gathered on the sidewalk. Some residents, some bystanders. Dean didn't waste any time getting inside the building. He listened for screams of help. "Somebody help!" There it was. He raced towards the source of the voice, it was a man, standing in a hallway of flames.

Dean raced through the fire and grabbed the man. "Hold tight." He said, then jumped out the window.

He caught the wall and edged his way to the ground, letting go of the man once they reached solid concrete. He thanked him and ran towards the group of people standing outside. "All clear." He heard Sam say. "What? How do you know that?" He asked. "Angel's here." Dean looked up and sure enough, the black winged superhero stood there comforting a little girl.

—C

"Hey, what's your name?" He asked a little girl. She looked to be about eight.

"Casey." She replied. She had a soot-stained face and dirty pajamas.

"Casey, did you know that you are so brave?" She looked up at his mask.

"I am?" She asked.

"Oh yeah, only the bravest can go through something like that." She smiled and wrapped her arms around his neck. He was surprised by this sudden burst of affection, but patted her back anyway. "Thank you Mr. Angel!" He smiled back. She let go of his neck and he stood up and took her hand.

"Casey, do you know where your mom is?" She shook her head. "Okay, let's go find her then." She nodded and they made their way over to the large group of people gathering outside of the burning building.

"Mommy!" Casey yelled, "Mommy!" A woman ran out of the crowd and hugged the little girl. She looked to Cas who was holding Casey's hand. "Thank you!" She said, her eyes filling with tears, "Thank you so much." Castiel nodded and started to expand his wings when Casey hugged him, he looked down and placed a hand on her shoulder before she let go. He lifted into the air, landing on a nearby rooftop.

"I didn't know you were so great with kids." Hunter's voice called out.

Or is it Dean's?

"Hello." Cas turned to face him, faced with a green mask. What was he expecting? Just Dean's face? But maybe he isn't Dean... "Hey Angel." He was hit by a sense on déjà vu.

"Hey Angel."

"Hey, don't be like that Cas. I thought you liked me."

His eyes widened. "What? What is it?" Dean- The Hunter- asked. "N-nothing. Just a dream." He paused, "This is another dream, isn't it?" Hunter was about to answer when a flash of white blinded their vision.

-•—
I hate to leave it here but it's 2 am and I need sleep. Another shoutout to Cinnamon_Ships because she's awesome. Don't be a stranger, comments are fun to read. I'm probably not making any sense.