Set Me Free

When Cas woke up, he found Dean. He was kneeling next to the couch, passed out. His head rested on the cushion, in the crook of his elbow, his hand lightly grasping Cas'. His eyelashes fanned out over freckled cheeks. Cas smiled.

He's really cute when he sleeps.

He mentally slapped himself. No. He looked around, he didn't know where he was. The clock on the wall read 7 am. How long did I sleep?

Dean's brother walked into the living room, dressed and brushing his teeth. Oh, I'm at Sam's apartment. "Good morning Sam." Sam jumped when he spoke. Cas realized the he hadn't expected him to be awake.

"Oh, good morning Cas." Sam smiled and Cas smiled weakly back. "Are you hungry?" Sam asked.

"A little bit, but I don't want to wake Dean." Sam looked at his brother and shrugged. "It wouldn't hurt to wake him, he should probably sleep on a real bed." Cas nodded.

His other hand reached to shake Dean's shoulder. "Dean." He groaned. "Dean you should wake up." His green eyes opened and looked at Cas. "You're awake." He said plainly.

"I am."

"Why didn't you wake me up sooner?" Cas chuckled. "I just woke up." Dean smiled tiredly. Sam made a choking noise. They both looked up at him. He just started laughing and walked into the kitchen.

"What was that all about?"

"I have no idea."

Dean moved a hand to Cas' cheek, a weird look on his face. "What is it?" Cas asked. "Your bruises are gone."

"What?" Dean looked down at his chest, it was when Cas followed his eyes he realized he had no shirt on. There were also no bruises. "Dean," Dean looked up at him, "Where is my shirt?" Red flashed in his face and he turned around. He picked up a black t-shirt and handed to Cas.

"Uhh, your other one was kind of ruined, so I took it off. It was in the way when I needed to..." he trailed off, and looked down at Cas' bandaged arm.

He lifted the edge of the white strip and unwrapped the wound. It was almost completely healed. "Stitch your cut..." They both stared at the cut. "What the hell?" Dean asked.

"I don't know."

"Guess I'd better take the stitches out then." Cas huffed. He sat up on the couch, no pain. He was just a little sore, probably from sleeping on the couch. Dean placed a hand on his chest, "Woah, slow down there." Blue eyes looked to green. "I feel fine. No pain." Dean arched an eyebrow.

"You sure?" Cas nodded and looked down at Dean's hand on his chest. Dean flushed and pulled it away. Dean's other hand still rested on top of Cas', but he took that one away too.

Cas missed the touch, but he wasn't about to vocalize that.

He reached for the black shirt and pulled it over his head. He looked back at Dean, who stood up. He cleared his throat awkwardly. "I'm... I'm gonna go get some scissors."

—D

Dean watched Cas pull on his t-shirt and immediately missed the well defined muscles of his chest. When that thought went through his head he stood up abruptly. He cleared his throat awkwardly. "I'm... I'm gonna go get some scissors." He turned and walk briskly into the kitchen, finding his shaggy haired brother cooking bacon.

How the hell had he not smelled that? Usually he knew he brother was making bacon by the sound of the package opening. "Please tell me that is real bacon and not that vegan tofu crap." Sam shook his head and smiled.

"Yes Dean, this is your greasy pig fat." Dean smiled. "Awesome." He grabbed the scissors from the kitchen drawer and was heading to the living room when Sam called out "I have to go to work in an hour, you guys can stay here, but please, don't be fornicating on the couch while I'm gone." Dean turned bright red and spun to face his grinning brother. "Sst...uh..y-you're ugly!" Dean stuttered and walked out of the kitchen away from a cackling Sam.

He was still blushing hard when he reached the couch. Cas took one look at his face and asked "What is he laughing about?" Impossibly Dean flushed harder, baring a resemblance to a fire truck. "Nothing!" He shouted at Cas. He looked taken aback. "Sorry, my brother's just a dick." Cas nodded.

"Let's get these stitches out, huh?"

—S

Sam was still laughing after Dean left. That reaction was priceless. He turned back to his cooking. The bacon was finished so he transferred it onto some plates with eggs. He looked at the bacon. Dean really shouldn't be eating this. It's going to cause health problems later on. But he grabbed the three plates nevertheless.

When he entered the living room, Cas was sitting up and Dean was helping him take the stitches out of his arm. He looked better. There were no bruises or cuts littering his face and the gash on his arm was almost completely healed.

They were both looking at the cut, which was almost just a pink line. The stitches came out and Cas grimaced. Dean threw the threads away, and placed his hand over the cut. They smiled at each other.

Sam cleared his throat and they both looked over and blushed. "Hope you guys are hungry." He handed them their respective plates. "Thank you Sam." Cas smiled at him. Sam nodded. 

They ate in silence, Dean eating his food in record time. Cas grimaced when he took a bite of the bacon. "Not a fan of greasy pig fat?" Sam asked. "Usually I love bacon, but it tastes weird. Here," he handed his plate to Dean, "You can have mine."

"You sure? Shouldn't you be eating, y'know, so your body can recuperate?" Cas just shook his head. "I don't feel hungry." He stood up. "Where are you going, Cas?" He turned to Dean. "I need to get something from our apartment." Dean stood up and came eye to eye with Cas. "No." He moved to protest. "Cas, they know what you look like, they don't know who I am though. I'll go." Cas narrowed his eyes. "You wouldn't know where it is."

"You can just tell me."

"You couldn't find it, even if I did tell you."

"Well you sure as hell aren't going alone!" Cas gritted his teeth, "Fine." His voice laced with venom. Dean smiled. "It's settled then." He turned to Sam, who waved his arm in a dismissive gesture. "Go, but be careful." They nodded and walked to the front door. Dean thruster a hoodie at Cas who caught it. "It's summer." Dean threw his hands up. "Do you want to be captured and beaten again?" Cas was silent. "That's what I thought."

They walked out the door and headed for the elevator, arguing the whole way.

They are so married.

-•—
I told you it gets happier. I'm on a roll today. :) I'm sad though because there is only four more chapters left :'( Hope you guys enjoyed reading as much as I have writing.