Please Don't Leave

Fighting bad guys was exhausting, Dean decided. "Hey Sam?"

"Yeah?" Sam replied from the next room. "I think I'm gonna take tomorrow off."

"Okay."

"Would you like to go out tomorrow, like a break?"

"That sounds good. Hey, you should invite your roommate! I haven't met him yet, and you talk about him like, all the time."

"Do not!"

"Yes, you do. But seriously, ask him if he can come."

"Yeah okay. See ya tomorrow Sammy."

"Goodnight, jerk."

"Bitch."

Dean got home at midnight, which was considerably early for him. Stripping down to his boxers and pulling on an undershirt, he climbed into bed.

When he awoke, it was seven in the morning. He stretched as he walked into the kitchen to find a horrified Cas drinking coffee.

"Cas're you okay?" Blue eyes looked to green. "What's a dream Dean?"

"What? Cas, what's going on?"

"Do you know what a dream is?"

"Of course I do, it's what happens when you fall asleep. Haven't you had a dream before?" Cas shook his head, "Is that normal? To have dreams I mean?" Dean looked at Cas with a concerned stare "Cas, what did you see?"

"You."

"What happened in the dream, Cas?" Dean put his hand on the other's shoulder. Blue eyes looked to green, seeming so lost, so alone.

"Y-You told me I wasn't h-human. Then you l-left," Cas' eyes started to water, he looked so broken.  "You left me a-alone Dean." They say the cracking voice of someone about to cry is the worst noise, they were right. Dean hugged him. "Shh, it's okay." Cas fisted Dean's shirt. "I don't want to be alone D-Dean." He sobbed into the shirt. "It's okay your not alone now. I'm here,"

"You're gonna be fine. I've got you."

—C

Cas pushed his face farther into Dean's chest, feeling his tears soaking through the thin fabric. He felt like he could stay like this forever, being close to the one he loved. But he couldn't.

He reluctantly let go of Dean's shirt and pushed himself away from the other man. He wiped his eyes.  "I'm sorry." He let his gaze drop to his hands which were now resting in his lap. Green eyes tried to catch his gaze, "What do you have to be sorry for?"

Cas looked up at him. "Why are you so kind to me Dean?"

"Because we're friends. That's what friends do. And besides, you deserve kindness."

"No I don't. I'm just another guy, I haven't done anything to deserve someone like you." Dean laughed it off, but he looked into Cas' eyes intently, as if he was trying to see something. "You've done everything." Cas looked back into Dean's eyes.

He blinked.

"Hey, do you want to meet Sammy?" Cas remembered Dean mentioning his brother numerous times. "Of course, you've told me quite a lot about Sam, you must be proud of him."

"Yeah." Dean smiled. "So I was thinking drinks, what do ya say?" He nodded his head, "That could be fun.

Why not take a night off.

-•—
This chapter was my futile attempt at angst. I'm more of a fluff person, but my friend Cinnamon_Ships helped me. She writes some good stuff, so I'd suggest reading her writing. The next chapter is fairly longer than the ones written so far. Okay, see ya later alligators.

P.S. I'm taking a break for a little while.