The wooden gates opened and we rode in, i grabbed the reins to drags horse before he could command the horse to stop. He tried to reach back for the rains but almost fell off the horse. We rode into the town center. House and shop[ buildings stood tall around us as there was a well in the middle of the cobblestone road.

I recognized the boy squire i had mentioned earlier, he was walking up like many of the other villagers to greet us. Quite a crowd really. And none of them recognized me. But i knew most of them. "Boy!" i shouted over the low mummers. "This man needs his armor re fitted" i said. That was the secret code for all gay men. It meant he needed to 'relieve' some 'stress'. I looked at Drag who had no idea what that truly meant. His confused eyes wide as he looked at me then the boy. "Yes mam" she said taking the reins from me as he lead drag off. I smirked Hex laughed behind me. Of course she knew what that meant as well. No one else gave the hint of knowing. I loved the secret gay society of the empire. It was real great.

After the the two other soldiers escorted us to the tavern where i sat down with Hex and Jordan. The two soldiers were outside waiting for Drag to come back.

"Why did you send Drag to get his armor fitted? It was fine?" Jordan asked so innocent. Hex stifled her laugh, i smiled at jordan. "I just thought it was looking.... Tight" i said shrugging. Before she could say anything our waitress came back, giving me my fire brand and the other two ladies some mead. Hex had learned her lesson after drinking after me.

I was about to ask Hex how long it average men lasted when the doors to the tavern slammed open. I turned to see a fuming Drag glaring and stomping his way over to be. His armor still on and clearly stress was not relieved. "How dare you!" he shouted at me and i stood up glancing back to see hex now hiding behind Jordan. How she got there so fast i would never know. I looked for a back exit but there was none. I raised my hands up in surrender "I honestly thought you were in men" i blurted out to the entire tavern. Everyone was looking now. This couldn't have gotten any worse. The tension alone could kill.

"If you think-" he started but then stopped when someone tugged on his cloak. He turned looking at the girl who did it. My heart stopped as i realized who it was. Sure she was pretty short compared to me and Drag but we were tall people but she seemed to hold all the power now. I recognized the curly red hair instantly. "Lazarus?" i spoke her name confused why she entered a tavern. She was wearing a white dress, obviously didn't fit into this place. She was a student to a priest at the temple here.

I opened my mouth to speak but suddenly she slapped me. It echoed throughout the entire tavern. I looked at her a bit confused but now i saw the anger in her green eyes. The sadness as tears threatened to leave her eyes. There was so much spoken with that look. Why did you leave? Why are you here? I thought you died. She turned on her heel walking right back out.

I was left standing there my hand now touching my burning cheek. That really fucking hurt. Drag didn't even look angry anymore at least that's good news.... I was guessing i was supposed to follow her out? Right. I awkword shift before i decided i was supposed to follow and walked out of the tavern.

My question was answered when i saw her waiting for me. "Laz" i breathed was i was trying to think of something to say. "Why did you leave?" her voice broke at the end. I could see the pain i had caused her. It made me regret so much. I never meant for things to be like this. "You know why..." i decided was a sufficient answer. She knew how i felt. I was ashamed. So ashamed of what i did, i couldn't stand to look at her, the scar that was hidden under her dress was the answer. I had given it to her. She did nothing to deserve that.... "You didn't even say good bye" she whispered and now the tears fell. I felt like complete shit, i wanted to reach out and comfort her but i didn't trust myself not to hurt her again. So i stood there.