Chapter 35-Did they all sleep walk?

Austin's POV

I take my lovely stretch and sit up making my aching back ache. Oh how delightful does this sensation feel! It feels like nails are being pinned into my back to be honest. I sit up and look around. Oh yeah. The beach. The mission. The water. The flowers. I am hungry.

"Is it me or does this group seem a lot smaller this morning?"I ask curiously and observe who is missing right now. Did they ditch us?

"It is just you,"Luke says carving a stick. I am not,going to ask.

"He is lying to you,"Gianna nudges me.

"Then where are they?"I ask looking around.

"Collin said they went to get some food for us. Collin went to go use the bathroom in the trees and never came back. We were gonna go find him but the more we split up, the worse it gets,"Gianna whispers to me quietly trying not to wake some people who are still sleeping. So they let Collin just go?

"So you aren't going to go find Collin?"I question.

"It might not be safe,"Logan pipes in and mentions.

"We don't want a dead man though,"I point out. Do they not care?

"That is true,"Shelby nods turning on her side towards the conversation. Some people are still in deep sleeps right now.

"He is probably constipated,"Luke shrugs and we all give looks. Let me tell you, they were not good looks. They were looks that kill. Looks don't kill Luke though, he usually is the one giving them.

"I did not need to hear that,"Gianna rolls her eyes at Luke.

"Luke please be quiet if you aren't going to help,"Shelby groans. It is early. We are still waking up. People are gone. We don't have time for Luke's hissy fits right now. We all know this is the bad part of Luke. We all have our bad days but right now he is in his bad time. He needs to shut up. I am about to jump him. He has nothing. I will take his nice sneakers and throw them into the ocean if he continues to make stupid comments. We don't have time for it.

"Don't make me throw my shoe at you two!"Tanner threatens.

"Oh yeah, you might faint,"Logan starts laughing uncontrollably.

"I won't deny that,"Tanner joins in with Logan and laughs.

"Guys! Stop joking around!"Tess yells at us sitting up.

"Why do you care?"Luke laughs. No chill.

"Collin has been gone for way too long you don't! So I will!"She shouts. Luke is usually my pal but right now he is annoying me.

"Seriously guys we needs to go find him!"I protest their laziness.

"It is just gonna make it worse!"Luke points out.

"If you were gone and taken, would you want us to find you?"Shelby snaps at Luke and Luke sighs and rolls his eyes.

"Maybe. It would give me a break from your uptight people,"Luke says fixing his hair and I can feel my eyes form sharp glares.

"We have powers! Let's use them!"Logan nods agreeing with me.

"We said we weren't going to unless we needed them,"Luke sighs.

"Collin is gone! We need them!"I throw a little pebble at Luke.

"What is all the commotion about?"Callie question sitting up.

"Collin went to the bathroom and never returned. The others went to get us food,"Gianna explains to Callie and she nods.

"I still think he is constipated or has no leaves,"Luke adds in.

"So are we going to send out search parties?"Callie asks totally dodging and ignoring Luke's ignorant comment. I love that.

"I think we should,"I shrug. Callie nods slowly getting aboard.

"It is too risky,"Luke shakes his head.

"Life is about risking things!"I say standing up. "Who else wants to come with me to find Collin?" I question looking for volunteers.

"I will!"Autumn says popping up. How long was she awake? Never mind- that doesn't really matter to me right now. More important things to think about and discover. Logan shrugs and stands up.

"I will go too!"Logan offers and I nod.

"One more person would be nice,"I say.

"I'll go,"Shelby and Clayton say in unison. They look at each other and shrug. "We will both come,"Shelby says and Clayton nods.

"Alright! Great! Luke! Do not leave! If you do, Gianna! Callie! Do not move! We needs people to stay together! Hopefully we will come back soon with either Collin or the others,"I inform them. I know I cam count on them. Or at least the three of them combined.

"I am not babysitting,"Luke glares at me.

"You're not! They are watching you!"I joke raising my eyebrows. "Let's go so we can get this mission started up again!"I say and we head off. I wish we could all just work together. The chances of twenty-four people with totally different ways of thinking. Well twelve I guess-but men and women think differently as well. Anyway! Twenty-four mindsets agreeing on one thing is really rare.

"Okay what direction did he go in?"Autumn questions.

"He went towards the trees,"Logan says and we start walking towards the trees. I mean that sounds pretty logical to me. I hope it sounds pretty logical to you as well. I will admit, I am creating stronger bonds with people here. A lot of people have really different ways of thinking and I like hearing them. Some people here I just don't get along with here. Or I don't really talk to them. I hardly ever talk to Patrick or Tanner, I like them though. I just don't really talk to them as much as other people here. The girls are another story. There are some I can't stand. I won't say any names.

The people I am with right now though are all my friends and people I would trust. They have all shown some sort of trust, loyalty, or friendship. I look for that in a friend. Yes, guys do it too.

We walk around for an hour. I am not joking. I swear I have seem that same tree eight times now. We have been walking in circles and still no sign if human life besides each other. This was a mistake. I still don't agree with Luke's mindset but I can see what he was thinking. I don't regret looking for Collin right now though.
I think it shows respect of how you should be loyal to friends.

"Do you see that?"Clayton asks pointing to a long, yellow tree.

"Yes."I nod looking carefully at the tree.

"Do you see who is under it?"Clayton points out. We all gasp. I swear it sounded like one of those dramatic ones from a horror movie. In unison and like on key and we all shout one name.

"Collin!"