Chapter 43-Packing or attacking?

Aden's POV

I got my clothes packet. I have my shampoo and toiletries packed. Or I should say the ones I stole from the bathroom. I have my hair products (gel) and my shoes packed. I seem to be all done. Now to seek out some entertainment. It isn't very hard when you live with twenty four other teenagers who have interesting ideas.

We are all leaving tomorrow. Our "parents" were alerted a few days ago. Believe it or not, we begged Mrs.Astro to let us stay but she would not have it. She says it is vest we try to forget.

How the heck am I supposed to forgot I have/had powers. I am keeping mine and that is for sure. Does she expect us to just forget that we nearly died between missions and wet floor signs. You don't want to know how many people have slipped into the kitchen counter. Let's just say its sharp edge doesn't make it tolerable.

I am going home to my normal life full of jerks and no perks. I still can't get it to sink in yet. I still feel like I am apart of this whole astrology thing. I feel proud to be representing a male Aries. This whole chaotic adventure will stay with me for life and I know it. It would be crazy to try and forget about it all. It is almost impossible. I don't understands how someone would ever be able to.

I shut my suitcase and plop it down in the corner next to my bed. Even this room has felt so familiar to me now.

I remember the first day here I picked the one to the farthest left. I always like being near a wall. I don't why, I just do. It is something I can't really describe, I just like it. Does that make any sense? I hope so because I am done and too lazy to keep explaining it. I am starting to sound like Luke.

Luke always makes me get him things and pretends his feet can't move. I am going to miss that moron a lot. He is pretty much my best friend here even though he says some...things. Him and Gavin showed me true friendship.

I always helped Luke with Homework. Then I would help Gavin with advice about Autumn since I was the same sign. Still doesn't take away the fact that she is a confusing girl though.

He didn't need my help though. She liked him since the first week. If he weren't so oblivious to it this wasted time could be potential used to date her. However, that isn't the case. Even if he did decide to confess, it is too late. We are leaving tomorrow anyway. As much as it pulls on my heart strings, it is the truth.

There is nothing we can do about it. Or can we? Is there something we can do? I mean we begged and pleaded bur that doesn't mean we tried everything. We need to use strategy and make her feel guilty. At this point, I would risk my life to know that it will be worth it. I have nothing better to do and I can feel like a hero while doing it. Especially with the powers.

I pick my feet up and make my way towards the door. My ears cringe and my face freezes as I slowly open the door. In the door frame down the hallway is where the sound is coming from. Do I seek it out? I freeze as I listen to the sound. Oh, that is why my ears were cringing so much.

Am I hearing the sound of people making out? I peek my head out and my accusation is true. Well then, it looks like that is my cue to leave.

Luke, you sly boy. Finally getting Callie, I see. I am just going to pretend that I am not seeing this and make my way towards some food.

What do you think of that stomach? Apparently I have a special bond with my stomach because it grumbles. Is this a side effect of having powers?

Follow my stomach's destiny, I rush down stairs. What should I eat?

I look at the couch that is occupied with Vanessa and Vincent talking and laughing. Wow, these ships are just now sailing? Don't these people know they are just hurting them selves because we are leaving tomorrow? Is there something I was not notified on? Are we actually staying here?

I walk past the two and my way towards the treasure. Food has some many nicknames, that is why it makes the best relationship.

Entering the kitchen, the smell of cinnamon and apples hit my nose. Is someone cooking an apple pie?

I peek around the kitchen island to see Paige mixing some products in a bowl. Shor is filling cupcake filters with some batter. Apple cupcakes? I have never heard of those before?

"Smells good in here,"I let out and Paige almost drops the wisp at the sound of my voice. I lightly chuckle as she relaxes and smiles at me.

"I hope it tastes just as good. I have never tried making apple cinnamon cupcakes before,"Shor comments.

"Are you good at baking?"I ask.

"I guess you could say that,"Shor shrugs. "I am teaching Paige,"He says motioning towards her. She smiles weakly. I always wanted to learn how to cook and bake. The best I can is a grilled cheese. I always tend to burn it too. I am not made for cooking.

"Well, when they are done, I will be your test subject. If I die, it will be from food. I will be happy that way. It would leave a legacy,"I nod jokingly.

"It promise you it won't kill you,"Shor reassures me and I shrug.

"I still wouldn't mind,"I shrug opening the fridge. "For now, I am going to enjoy pudding,"I nod as I scan through
my choices. Why not be simple, right?

"I guess that would be a noble death,"Paige laughs and I nod.

"Told you,"I smile before grabbing a spoon and making an exit.

I laugh as I open my pudding and take a spoonful. I almost let out a battle cry as I think about something.

This just feels too normal. I don't want to leave. Someone is going to have to drag me by my feet and swing me around to get me out the door. I will attack if I have to. I will put up a fight for this adventurous life.

It's funny how a month ago, I wanted to leave. Now I don't want to go. Life always likes to throws some things a certain way. I guess that is why I still have some hope that I don't have to leave. This is now my home.