Chapter 13-We are not in this together-not with you

Gianna's POV

"Not again"

"Are you kidding me"

"Please tell me you are joking!"

"I will kill you!"

We all turn to Luke. "Sorry, I took that a little to far,"He says taking a step back and I try to hold in a smirk on my face. That feeling is immediately replaced with an annoyed and frustrated look again once I remember why he said it. My legs are still sore from the swimming. Everybody said that I am not allowed to complain though because I didn't have to do the obstacles course. Austin and Ariel especially don't have the right to complain. Let me just say quickly. My power is probably the best thing I could ask for! I mean secret city!

Not that I would do that to my friends but people better watch out and stay on my nice side. If not they cou-will be exposed. Only for a good reason though! That is my last resort! I might not be a Libra and need balance but I do want balance.

"Calm down! Calm down! It is not at hard. It is something simple that hopefully will allow you to start using your powers sense not a single one of you knows how yet,"Mrs. Astro rolls her eyes."i have been doing this for decades an-

"Wow how old are you?"Luke bursts out. She looks at him shocked but then we all realize it was Luke and we aren't are shocked. I swear Luke doesn't know what the word polite is. He can fun and really nice but he is not respectful to adults.
I guess he has a back story with parents, I am not going to get into it but he blames that for his actions. I am not entirely sure about that though! It still makes me feel suspicious.

"You all should know you don't ask a woman for her age! Sense that is a sensible question though. I am 987 but I will explain that another day. I don't like dumping information on you quickly like that, I need to space everything out,"She tells us and we all look at each other. Wow. I mean I was expecting something old but not quite that old. I don't like when she keeps stuff from us! At the same time I hate when she gives us some of our news! I guess I am find with this then!

I mean I am never gonna think of her the same now that I know she is 987 years old. I mean she looks forty something. She must use some really affective makeup! I am joking, I am not like that, I know she uses some sort of power. At the same time of that, if it a makeup or a cleanser, where can I get some? Once I learn how to read minds she won't be keeping anymore secrets from me! I will make sure of that. I mean she can't revoke powers from us right? Are we more powerful than her once we learn how to use our power or what? So many questions that need to be answered. With her, it seems like we may never get those answers.

"So are we going out and getting this mission accomplished or what?"Vincent questions annoyed. I am pretty annoyed to, we don't have time for this! Okay, maybe we do but that is not the point of what I am trying to say! What I am trying to say is that we should at least have one week breaks. Judging from my experience already in the last few days I can tell it is not going to be like that and we are going to run into some big problems in the future. Mrs. Astro puts her hands up.

"Right now!"She points out and she motions us to follow her lead out the door. I feel like I am in kindergarten again, getting in number order, when we had numbers. Line leaders, those were the good days when I didn't have to use up all my energy on this stupid stuff. Why do I have to represent Gemini! Why couldn't they get another baby or kid to do it. This is getting to the best of us and it is not good at all.

I walk out the door and walk beside Ariel and Austin, who are having a conversation about who knows what. I mean they are random people and everything. Especially Austin, I could talk to him for hours and never get bored! There might be other reasons I would do that too though. If you didn't get what I just implied, oh well.

"Is she serious! She said it was simple but she could be lying!"I rant to them and they both get knocked out of there-intense? Conversation about what color Logan's shoes are. I agree with Ariel that they are navy blue, but for Austin's case they are black. They look at me and nod agreeing . Should I feel awkward right now? Nah, they are just really good friends and my weird buddies that I just have to learn to understand. Plus Ariel likes someone and that someone likes Ariel. Well Austin told me that someone won't stop talking about her. That is person is wearing navy blue, but could be debated as black, shoes. Yes it is Logan. They are both not brave enough yet and I don't blame then they need to let it all settle in. We have been here for a week, they are only tiny crushes for now.

"Hey Ariel and I can't talk we didn't have to do much to be fair,"Austin shrugs not really caring, that is true.

"I guess I shouldn't be as fuzzy and furious either than huh?"I ask starting to walk in sync on the right side of Austin.

"You can with us, with anyone else, well I would watch your back,"He laughs and I nod. We enter the magical bus and I swear it was even worse than last time. Which I didn't know was possible but whatever. I just hope this doesn't drain the life out of me.