She sniffed. "Even you didn't tell me that I am your best choice."

I shook my head. "You are my-"

She forced a chuckle. "Now you say I am your best choice. Then why did you let
me marry that Theo?"

I shushed her. "Delilah, you're my best choice, but..." I hesitated. "A criminal like me can't
be your best choice or your dad's."

She touched my shirt. "Diego. You know why life was like this?"

I shook my head. "So that I go not as Delilah Frederickson but as Delilah Paladino!"

I looked at her in surprise. Did she say what I imagined her to say? 

Her eyes teared up again. "Marry me, Diego. Please! You're the only thing good in this cruel world"

Just then I noticed the inspector walking up to us and I pulled Delilah into a protective hug.

"Hey Romeo!" He said as he tapped his watch. "Parole's over. Time's up."

Delilah looked at the inspector then back at me. "Don't go, please!!"

The inspector walked towards us and stared at my handcuffed hands that were wound around her.

He laughed as we both looked at him. He took a key and opened my handcuffs. He took Delilah's hand and dumped the silver handcuffs in her hand. 

"Wedding gift from me."

We nodded at him, trying not to break down in tears thanking him. I led her out of the door and in the next 20 minutes,  Delilah and I were on the floor of the house staring at her decorated hands as she leaned her head into my chest and I felt I have got everything I had ever wanted.

She looked at me and back at her hands. "The henna looks nice, doesn't it?"

I hummed a sound of approval and kissed the top of her head.

She looked at me again, her eyes twinkling. "Should I wear a long dress tomorrow?"

I nodded with a laugh. 

"What are you going to wear?" I shrugged at that question. There was no way I was going to wear a suit.

"Wear something formal." And there it was.

I knitted my brows.

"It's our wedding, our outfits should be coordinated."

I widened my eyes and shook my head.

"What?" She chuckled. "I'm joking."

We enjoyed a few minutes of silence till she inhaled deeply, gaining my attention. "Inder. When I am gone please don't put a wreath on my picture. Just bury me under a beautiful tree in my two yards of space. When someone I love comes to visit me, l'll shower down as flowers on them."

She smiled as she leaned her head back and fell asleep with a smile on her face. 

"You're not going to die, Delilah... Don't you ever say things like that, okay?" I kissed her again again. 

***

______________________________________________________

Dear readers,

What did you think about this chapter? I thought it was quite okay. I'm sorry if it's short, I just didn't want to keep you guys waiting. I'll delete the covers chapter to make the story flow!

QOTD: Will Delilah be Diego's forever or will she turn to a different path?

Anyway, I have school and won't be able to update as often as I did. But I hope you enjoy and I'll try my best to update as soon as I can. See you in the next chapter!

Peace out!

~Imperfect Perfectionist~

__________________________________________________