11: Meningioma

~~Diego's POV~~

I was surprised to see her there, but at the same time I felt so upset and betrayed. I walked towards her slowly but she jerked up at the sound of crunching twigs and leaves and looked at me with moist, red eyes.

I sat next to her and pointed to her face. "I have a gun, and next time you go anywhere without telling me, I'll put the six bullets here and here!" I pointed to her stomach and head.

"What?"

"That's all you can say, 'what'?" I replied in anger.

"Won't you even say hello to me?" I asked, trying to meet my eyes with hers.

"No." She said calmly.

"Why not?" I asked in confusion.

"Because after a sympathy fling, you don't say hello." She looked and me and sniffed. "You avoid each other."

"I see." I laughed sarcastically. "So that's why you're running? You're embarrassed."

She glared at me. "I didn't run, I messaged you! Did you get it? Huh?"

"I did... But I let you go because..." I hesitated as I felt tears welling up in my eyes. "I thought you were starting a new life with Theo."

With no regard to my feelings, she just rolled her eyes.

"Delilah," I whispered, grabbing her shoulders once again. "Why are you wandering the jungles? Why are you wandering the jungles like a hippie?" I didn't know what to do because I haven't met someone who would just disappear like that, this is not a telenovela after all...

She ignored me and turned away.

"Tell me!" I said impatiently, my arm still on her arm.

She shrugged me off. "Who are you to ask me that?!"

"Delilah." I whispered calmly, reaching for her again. "Tell. Me. What is wrong with you?"

She glared at me with anger steaming inside of her, but at the same time, her eyes were sore and tears were slowly streaming down her soft pink cheeks.

"The night's gone..." She paused to sniff. "the matter's over, Diego. Whatever happened that night was only a moment to forget Theo. It wasn't anything special. It wasn't anything...wow! Get it? Now just leave me alone."

I looked at her, speechless. 

"Leave me alone!"

I just stared at her with the tears rolling down my face slowly, burning my cheeks. "Ok." I whispered calmly and stormed off, leaving her alone, as she wished. I didn't know she was that kind of girl, but I guess they all are the same. 

They just use you, and leave you, with your heart broken.

I meant nothing to her so why should she be something to me? I stormed away, aimlessly, just to get away from her, her insults, her beautiful deep blue eyes, and just her altogether.

~~Delilah's POV~~

I watched him walk away from me and the guilt I felt was so painful. I should've never hurt him, he was always there for me when I needed it, even when Theo was there. I watched him walk away till my brain snapped back to reality.