Chapter -14-

"When forced to choose between your career and your spouse, your friends and your spouse, or even your family and your spouse, you must always choose to put your spouse ahead of the rest. If your first loyalty isn't to your spouse, then you don't really understand the meaning of marriage." -Dave Willis

Luffy wanted to invite Nami to work again the following day mainly because a fishing trip had been scheduled for right after the morning session. Though it sounded like a lot of fun, Nami declined but promised that she would make it to the next one; sealing the deal with a kiss before sending him on his way. The pressure of his lips still lingered on hers.

She wanted the day for herself. A little 'me' time.

It was a fantastic day. The sun shining outside and she loved it best when the sun was out. Leaving the water to catch in the tub she smoothed out the creases of Luffy's unmade bed and hummed to herself.

She returned to her room to prepare for her bath. A lavender scented bath bomb was tossed in the water and she swished her hand around to spread the purple colour and encourage effervescence.

She then sunk into the bath with a contented sigh with her hair tied up, leaning on the edge of the tub. It was a nice way to start the day.

She planned on maybe starting a good book, binge watch some movies, surf the web, heck, she even felt like she could do some cleaning. The flat was not untidy but there was ought to be some chore to be done somehow, somewhere. Or maybe go for a jog in the park she went to for evening walks with Luffy. She had not exercised in a while and wanted to get back to her old routine- maybe sign up for a gym or some class.

Ever since she got married to Luffy, she was exposed to a lot more food than usual every meal and she tended to eat more. She was turning into her husband and Nami hung her head in defeat.

She blew on a clump of accumulated bubbles and watched them sail to the other end of the little sea in her tub. Where she was getting all the energy and motivation from, she had no clue. But firmly believed that a good mood should be taken advantaged of.

She left her room dabbing a towel at the ends of her hair and hunched down at the open fridge trying to figure out what she should make for breakfast. She did not have much of an appetite so ultimately decided on strawberries and a banana and a tall glass of water.

She sat down and prodded her feet up on a footstool, found a decent movie and ate her fruit. 15 minutes into the film, she sank in her seat and frowned feeling groggy. It was not the movie but rather it was like something took her good mood, crumpled it up and threw it out the window. She clicked off the television and stared at the blank screen. Nami was so upset for no apparent reason and fell back on the couch, biting her thumb nail. Then her eye twitched when she suddenly had an urge to pee- just when she was getting comfortable.

Nami practically kicked open the bathroom door and slammed it shut. She pulled down her panties (Yohohoho) and face palmed. That explained everything; 3 spots of blood stained the fabric and she gritted her teeth when a wave of cramps rocked her abdomen.

She finished up and pulled her draw to retrieve a bag of sanitary napkins and dumped it on her bed. Only one fell out- she didn't remember to restock. Nevertheless, it was better than nothing. She used it, took some advil and crashed into bed. She was going to need more pads. There was a corner store about an hour way. Her scooter was downstairs in the garage but she could not bring herself to make the trip.

Luffy flashed in Nami's mind. Surely he could make a short detour before the fishing trip, she thought.

She made way into the living room and used the house phone to call him. She knew the number by heart.